BrentBAM

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Hey guys. I wanted to change encounter troop types, by region ID, while on the world map. My world map does have random encounters.

In previous rpg makers we had scripts or plugins for region ID. Can we still call an event by region ID right now?

I imagine this would be useful to know for other’s games too.

thanks happy halloween

miyanke

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I use Geomancy and I set a Parallel process in each map to read the ubication of the character and keep it in a variable:
1604195160035.png
Then, in a common event I set what I need.
1604195244385.png
Maybe this can be useful for you, or anyone can give us another idea/pluggin.

BrentBAM

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
That sounds excellent. You think there would be any slowdown on a big world map with a parallel process? I could make it change the encounters. Then it would constantly do it.

Logica

Let's go to paradise!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portugues
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@BrentBAM Could your idea come up better for me?

miyanke

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
That sounds excellent. You think there would be any slowdown on a big world map with a parallel process? I could make it change the encounters. Then it would constantly do it.
I don't' know, but I did a common event as parallel process instead of an event in each map, and it seems to work good for me.
I think the problem is when there are too many parallels more than the size of the map. But I'm not an expert, so maybe anyone can help you better.

Logica

Let's go to paradise!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portugues
Primarily Uses
RMMV
If the map is too large (100x100 or greater) many events in parallel can cause slowness.

I would like to better understand your need to try to resolve this through scripting.

With script I believe that the performance at the time of execution does not suffer slowness.

BrentBAM

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I would like to make it so that whenever I walk onto a Region ID, it calls a common event to occur.

So basically a region ID triggers an event.

In the case of the world map, as an example, I will have a region that triggers monster encounters, and other region for different monsters.

There was an MV plugin by Yanfly for Region Events. Basically, I was wondering if we were able to do the same thing in MZ.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

GOBBLE GOBBLE! Happy thanksgiving.
Oh no. That moment when you try to fix something you modified in your game, like, a year ago but didn't want to fix then, and you now have no idea what you even did. Me right now, trying to figure out why my gold window is over stretched?
LittlePIGGY wrote on atreyoray's profile.
Where are you TT^TT
We need ARP_InGameManual for MZ
Oh my gosh. Thank you, Macy's! Thank you so much! You have made me very happy!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eryndor