Can weather effects be exported?

Discussion in 'RPG Maker VX Ace' started by JamesIsMakingGames, Oct 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JamesIsMakingGames

JamesIsMakingGames Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    I've been hunting about in the import/export tab in RPG Maker VX Ace, and I'm having trouble finding the weather effects (rain, snow, etc.).

I'd like to export it so that I can make my own effects in GIMP and import them back in. So here's what I'm wondering: Where can I access the weather effects?

Are they exportable at all? Are they some file that's part of VX Ace itself? Where can I find them? Hopefully this won't involve scripting, otherwise I'm in the wrong forum.

2. Jet

Jet Flying in a sky near you Veteran

First Language:
    English
    The default weather effects are actually generated via script and do not draw from given images.

To use one from an image, you will need a script.

3. Shaz

Shaz Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    No, they're not exportable.

CCOA did a script for XP for different types of weather - was basically a particle generator type of thing. But even that built the images by drawing pixels in appropriate colours, rather than using an image.

I've never had a use for it, so I don't know if it was ever ported to Ace or if there's something similar in Ace. It might be a starting point if you can script.

4. JamesIsMakingGames

JamesIsMakingGames Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Generated from a script? I'd never have guessed! Looks like it's time for me to hit the script editor. Thanks for you guys's help!

5. Lunarea

Lunarea Artist Global Mod

This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.