Can y'all help me with some ideas?

Chances

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Okay, so basically I need help formulating some ideas for my game. My main idea is that you play as the Grim Reaper, and you have to go around and reap people that are ready to die. I am trying to think up some storylines and stuff. Any form of idea is helpful and appreciated. I can send my "foundation demo" if you need it. Thanks in advance!

Finnuval

World (his)story builder and barrel of ideas
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Depends if you want it to be serious or more on the silly side of things concerning the story

Walldeaf

The Event-Master
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
What if you take control of the person that will be responsible fot the other person dying?
You'll have to "defeat" him, so he dies, and then, you, as the grim reaper can take his body, mhahahahaaa.

Chances

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Depends if you want it to be serious or more on the silly side of things concerning the story
I'm thinking of mostly serious but with some comedy aspects

Finnuval

World (his)story builder and barrel of ideas
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm thinking of mostly serious but with some comedy aspects
Well if you go the more comedic route you could go with a storyline how death needs to fill his quota of souls or get fired from his 'job' - would also give you a goal to work towards.

If you go more serious well, the story could be about Death feeling remorse and learning to accept his role (by highlighting the positives about dying as a mercy)

that's of the top pf my head anyway

Darth Equus

I *HATE* Parallax Mapping.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVX
Have Pestilence, War and Famine be Death's coworkers, as NPCs. I second the notion of this being Death's job, and him/her being behind on his quota; you could also give it a bit of a corporate spin for purposes of satire.

Chances

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I like the idea of Death being behind on work, and I also like adding the other three horsemen. I was already thinking of adding some sort of combat system... I will make sure to put y'all in my credits of course :)

Thefirelion

Eventer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Something like...."To the Moon" games?.

coucassi

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
If you want to include a combat system, you could Death have fight peoples guardian angels before reaping them.

This way you could also add some good story devices, like an antagonist angel who grew to fond of someone Death had taken from him/her and now tries to take revenge by helping other people resist Death or trying to rally up people against him or stealing/freeing already dead souls ... something like this.

The other way around Death also could grow fond of a human not wanting to take their life or giving them the option of joining him instead of going to hell/paradise/whatever kind of afterlife you want to have. This way you'll get another party member and also could let some story happen: Of course it's forbidden to things like this because humans can't handle the power or try to rescue their relatives who are still alive etc. and that's what eventually happens and then Death has to deal with it ...

There are a lot of possibilities for this topic :)

Last edited:

TheGentlemanLoser

"And when we fall, we will fall together..."
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Ok, so you're the girm reaper. Who is your boss? And how do they benefit from the reaping? Answering those questions in an interesting way should get you to an interesting story...

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Screenshot-2021-05-02-at-15-07-54.png

Tivadar will help you travel to distant places in Eniko: Ghosts Of Grace

Finally done with the school project, here's the raw video of it. o_O :smile:
Can February March? No, but April May.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
harry30705