Can you add more faces to the generator?

Discussion in 'RPG Maker MV' started by snowy-scales, Jan 10, 2019.

1. snowy-scales

snowy-scales Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    or are you stuck with just the default ones?

i'm trying to convert some of the male square-jaw faces for women but it's not working

2. l8rose

l8rose Neeeeerd Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    You can add to the generator as long as the new images have the same naming convention. If you're copying from male to female, you'll need to make sure that you're renaming them to something that is not already taken by the female images as it will just overwrite the existing images.

That being said, what exactly isn't working?

3. snowy-scales

First Language:
    English
    i copied male face 3 from both the Face and Variation folders, renamed them for the next unused number in the ladies Face/Variation folders, put them into the correct ladies folders and... nothing. the ladies still have only 7 faces not 8.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2019
  4. Andar

Andar Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    then you either forgot some of the required files or made a mistake in renaming.
    Have you followed one of the tutorials for adding parts, or did you just guess what you need? If you followed a tutorial, which one and which files did you copy (and what have you renamed them?)

5. snowy-scales

First Language:
    English
    turns out i just forgot to restart RPG Maker MV after adding the files and in the end they looked unbelievably ugly. i hadn't realised the male faces were so dayum long or wide. i'll need to go see if there are square-jaw female faces for download somewhere, instead.