MushyFox

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So I'm in the planning phase for my next project and I'm set on using an ABS battle system, I am also planning to make custom animated sprites. My question is, can I implement attack animations into my sprites?

For example my character swings a sword or pulls back a bow (similar to Zelda or Alundra) when the attack key is pressed. Making the sprite animations shouldn't be an issue, I'm just not sure how to implement them. I also want to do the same for enemies, which I will also be animating from scratch. (Yes, I am crazy)

I have more things as well but this will do for now.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
theoretically yes, practically this needs either a lot of experience in eventing or a complex plugin.

You might wish to search for moghunters website and check what has been done in the past - the website is not english, but the pictures alone show what a very experienced plugin programmer can do.

but that is not something that can be done by a new user, you'll probably have to make a simpler game first to learn your way around the RMs.

Poryg

Dark Lord of the Castle of Javascreeps
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Czech
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Since you can freely change actor and event graphics through eventing or scripting, the answer is yes, you can. But while you don't have to be brutally experienced to make your own ABS (depending on the complexity you require ofc), you need to be familiar with the event commands.

MushyFox

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I have actually figured out a way to do it with a tweaked version of QABS. (I basically made some extra codes) I'm refining the whole thing now and looking at my final large obstacle. I'll make a post on this later.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Kind of relieved that I had medibang installed when I need to edit Sprite I was about to download gimp but I remember I had medibang installed lol
Voting for the first round of the Map Madness Tournament is now live! Vote for your favorite in each matchup!

Finally started working on Grim Trigger episode 2 today :LZScat: it's half comic/half visual novel!

GfY3Rwj.png
Is it interesting to get more backstory on villains? A key moment in their past, their childhood, or maybe something that shows they've always been that way? To see or not to see?
"Everything tastes like chicken until it's chicken, then it doesn't taste like chicken."
Context: chicken samosas do not taste like chicken. I thought it was veggie samosas.
Just another ordinary evening.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RainingLamppost