wilsonthegreen

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
VNM
I've been trying to change my game's message box to the ADV style one, to take advantage of the buttons on the side for saving/loading etc. All the buttons work as expected except for the title screen button, for some reason instead of taking me to the main menu I made it takes me to a default looking title screen (It's the second screenshot I attached.)

The buttons on the default title screen seem to work fine but I'd rather the ADV button take the player to the one I made instead. Can anyone tell me how to edit this? I checked the manual but it doesn't describe any way of editing what the buttons of the ADV box do.

Attachments

Kentou

Admin
Admin
Reaction score
Hi, is your custom title screen made with script or is it a scene? If it is a scene, what is the exact name of that scene?

wilsonthegreen

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
VNM
It's made with a scene. And I named it "Demo Title Screen"

Archeia

Level 99 Demi-fiend
Developer
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
VNM
@wilsonthegreen based on your attached screenshot, did you right click Demo title Screen -> Set as Intro Scene? I could've misunderstood your problem too and this might be what you actually wanted to do:

wilsonthegreen

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
VNM
Yes I do have it set as the Intro scene and the thread you linked does seem to be what I'm looking for but I don't have an ingame UI folder to paste the Template_Message_Box script into. If that's the case, do I need to make one myself or do I need to put it somewhere else?

Archeia

Level 99 Demi-fiend
Developer
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
VNM
Yes I do have it set as the Intro scene and the thread you linked does seem to be what I'm looking for but I don't have an ingame UI folder to paste the Template_Message_Box script into. If that's the case, do I need to make one myself or do I need to put it somewhere else?
Yes you have to make a folder. It can be any name really.

wilsonthegreen

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
VNM
Got it. That worked out perfectly, thank you so much Archeia :thumbsup-left:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

It's raining non stop since yesterday. The sound of the rain is so soothing.
I really miss the old style disney animated movies. I guess the last one was The Princess and the Frog from 2009. Now I am trying to collect every single one I can get on BD or DVD.
What I've seen from the MZ tiles looks pretty inconsistent, bleh. Every plant seems to be drawn in a different style.
Recently posted a demo of my game online. Now I have no idea what to do with myself o_O What is the reason for my existence now...
I'm feeling a lot better this week. Some of the rules in my country for isolation changed a little, so I was able to see friends in person again, which was a huge relief. Thanks everyone for giving me some sympathy last week when I was having a rough time!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stellata