PlayBoyMan

Game Developer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Before I begin I would like to start by saying...
HELLO! It's good to see you all. It's been a while since I posted here, and it's good to see you all thriving and keeping safe in these trying times.

Now, on to the business. So, I have picked up RMMZ and I have yet to use it. I have projects that I have made with RRMV and I was wondering if there is a process to convert them. I'm still learning about the new engine so any help and advise would help me a great deal.

Thank you in advance for the replies.

ShiningPhoibe

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
You can. Just don't copy the plugin folder and you'll probably be fine.
(source: I copied a project from MV)

Jrrkein

Insert Witty Title Here
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
You can convert most things database, items. equipment, troops, events and monsters heck even map

There something you can't convert:
  1. Plugins are same thing with JS, but MZ plugins have different structure in their coding and most or some of the MV plugins might/might not work on your favor. You may need work around to get it to work such as using a plugin to make it / might not make it work (https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/project-fossil-v0-1-use-mv-plugins-in-mz.135523/)
  2. Animations are different in MZ, you might need to work around those and careful not to override the animations if you do.

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The MZ help file (F1 from the editor) has step by step instructions.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Finally done with the school project, here's the raw video of it. o_O :smile:
Can February March? No, but April May.
Alisa: Prophecy of the Falling Stars. Join Alisa, a quiet girl with a heart filled with love and hope, on her journey to prevent a calamity. My next RPG Maker music pack is my largest and most focused pack yet. It's a musical story that focuses on a young heroine named Alisa who has been assigned the ultimate task to prevent a calamity.

SnJj_O.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Parkji