Can you event to turn a plugin on or off?

GreyWolfVino

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey fellow game makers, I was wondering if it were possible to event a plugin to be turned on and off? I am trying to implement a easy and hard mode but it depends on if a certain plugin is set to on or off at that moment. Anyone that can help will be greatly appreciated, thank you in advance.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
ONLY if that plugin has a command implemented to do that - which means no in 99% of all cases.
and even if that is implemented, that command would just tell the plugin to change what it does, it wouldn't really turn it off.

consider this the same as changing something on your car's engine - you can only do this at 50 mph on the highway if the mechanic that installed the engine provided a control for that inside your car, you'll have to stop and open the car otherwise...

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
If you mean on/of as in the editor, no. That is like trying to change your car's transmission while it is driving, it can't be done. However, if the plug-in has a built in switch to disable it, then you can do it with the switch that was built into the plug-in.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Stream will be live shortly with some more Haunting Ground! Today, we encounter a new stalker! Feel free to drop by!
Tried the new Samsung Galaxy S20 Plus today. Very nice device overall, but flagship smartphone prices are getting completely out of control.
Sometimes I feel like I don't belong here. I feel like I have the exact opposite interests in storytelling as everyone else.
You know what really grinds my gears? Websites that block your access completely if you have an AdBlocker on...

I would rather skip the site than endure some popups that may give me a gnarly virus!
Guys this thread is so good and you should be reading it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Louxie