Can you help me choose the template for the character I created?

sidneythor

Newbie Maker
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
I know many of you would tell me not to try to use references or anything of the type or not to create anything of DBZ, but for now is what I do and I will continue but thank you.

So let's get down to business.

This is the character that I created her named Azuki:

It was kind of easy to make her faceset but I also wanted to make her body for me after working over her charset:

I did it based on the appearance of the left model in that costume and hair, but I relied on the color of the skin, the hair and the eyes on the model on the right.

But then I saw that what I had done was not cool and it had been horrible.

So I stopped and thought I should not make her that she is a pure saiyajin to wear clothes saiyajins being that she lives on the Earth for some time already then I thought that I should update and put the clothes according to the following models in which I am in doubt And I want to know if you can tell me which one suits her:

I will give the credits to the respective designers of these models without exception but I would like to know if you can answer even without fear which of these models best matches the character I created.

I apologize if I posted the topic in the wrong area but thank you for your attention.

Thank you all for your attention and sorry to bother you.

Last edited by a moderator:

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I've moved this thread to Resource Support. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

Also, if those images in the spoiler are not your artwork, please provide links instead of posting the images directly. Many artists do not want their artwork reposted, so we ask that members link to references instead of reposting them, to be on the safe side. Thanks.

Vito The Boss

Someone better than you, or will become
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italiano
Primarily Uses
For me, none of them suits her...sorry!

Sharm

Pixel Tile Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Instead of using one reference it works better if you use several, especially since many of those images have huge anatomy problems.  For example your first reference has feet and hands that are way too small and you've replicated the problem with your sprite.  If you want to replicate Akira Toriama's style, use his stuff as a reference instead of fan art, it'll be more accurate.  If you need more females to look at than the ones in the series check out Dragon Quest or Blue Dragon or Chrono Trigger or one of the other things he designed characters for.

sidneythor

Newbie Maker
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
I've moved this thread to Resource Support. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

Also, if those images in the spoiler are not your artwork, please provide links instead of posting the images directly. Many artists do not want their artwork reposted, so we ask that members link to references instead of reposting them, to be on the safe side. Thanks.

Sorry for posting in the wrong area, it's that I did not know where to post sorry really.
Next time I'll ask someone the right place to post it.
And yes the designs are not mine, I just wanted to know the type of clothes that could match I would not do the character that the author created I would only use the basis of clothing just this.
But thank you for having answered me.
Better than the other forums that I participate that are from my own language and no one responds to me only visualize the post and that's why I get a bit annoyed but thank you for giving me these warnings and I promise that in the next I will not err thank you.
And sorry for any problems I may have caused you.
And I apologize in advance for my English since I am Brazilian and I speak Portuguese and I still have difficulties with English so much that for some words I use the translator.

For me, none of them suits her...sorry!

I understand thank you for the honesty but if you did not like it then what kind of clothes I'm going to put on it, why I tried to put Saiyajins clothes on it, but they're not getting nice, I tried Vegeta's and it looked horrible, Nappa / Raditz / Turles (Tullece) as well.
So I wanted to know which of those human clothes I should try to wear and put on it.
If you have some idea or something that can help me, I really appreciate it.
And sorry to bother you with this, my selfishness and because I'm indecisive but thank you from the bottom of my heart for really responding to me.
And have a great day and take care and even more.

Instead of using one reference it works better if you use several, especially since many of those images have huge anatomy problems.  For example your first reference has feet and hands that are way too small and you've replicated the problem with your sprite.  If you want to replicate Akira Toriama's style, use his stuff as a reference instead of fan art, it'll be more accurate.  If you need more females to look at than the ones in the series check out Dragon Quest or Blue Dragon or Chrono Trigger or one of the other things he designed characters for.

I'm not saying that you made the same model of the model, or you use a version of the model in the Sprite version that I did that no longer got very good, because I confess that I do not know how to make female characters confess and admit I never tried is to First time I'm trying to do and it's difficult, it's just for me to do Saiyajins male characters is more quiet and easy to do female is very difficult because I always mistake the bust.
Anyway coming back to the point I'm not trying to recreate characters, and I've already looked at Blue Dragon and most of the kid and I can not rely on a child for an adult, I say in relation to the main characters and I'm not going to get the clothes Of a male character and put on it why strange and serious very bizarre does not agree with me?
And from Chrono Trigger I do not know who I could use a Lucca if I wore a dress of her would be more like a Bulma, Ayla's would be practically sexual appeal and can not do, Marle good let's say I do not cut much Visual of it.
Sorry and so I'm using drawings designed by designers who like DBZ, to try to see if any of their concept I can see something understands.
I'm a bit complicated to work with and that's why my project does not have a team first I'm super demanding it's not for my own way nobody does and second I give up asking for help in my project so much that nobody in the forums that I participate From my official language they helped me then that all the projects I will do alone.
But I'm not wanting to do something so perfect at the level of Akira, so much that I'm a person who does not know how to create pixel art. I confess and admit I do not know how to create anything to do zero yes unfortunately this is true I know how to edit and I would say that I edit well enough to look like I created it.
But I would like to hear your opinion that it is a girl or a woman in your honest opinion of which models I have requested or you have a model so that I can use and manage to make a suit for her.
Well I appreciate your attention and sorry for making your day and even more.

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
No worries - you weren't in trouble, just helping you to get things to the right place. We use the blue text, not because you are in trouble, but just so you know we are acting as a moderator, and not some random person trying to tell you what to do. :D I know we've got a lot going on in this forum, so it can be tricky (even for us sometimes) to know exactly where to put things.

And as far as using links as opposed to reposting images, it's just a way of showing respect to the artist.

sidneythor

Newbie Maker
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
But I had already decided that any image I use as a basis on my project or anyone who indirectly helped me in my project would give the credits due without any exception.
So I will practically already give the credits to this artists in my project, only they do not know yet why this difficult to get in touch with them.

Sharm

Pixel Tile Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
What exactly are you looking for in your references?  Body type?  Clothing?  Pose?  Personality?  I thought you were looking for body references, in which case both Ayla and Zola would be good because they're both physically strong women and they don't wear much, making them easier to build your own clothing onto.

No, no, permission to use first, then you use IF you get a yes.  It doesn't work the other way around.  For one thing it isn't legal.

sidneythor

Newbie Maker
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
Well I just wanted to know about the clothes only this and nothing more, sorry if I caused some kind of problem for you here in this forum.
But I appreciate the attention of you and the others and I'm sorry for having caused real problems. I'm really sorry.
I do not intend to steal or say that such art was done by me will never do it if I use or see something I saw on the internet and use I will say in the final credits of my project where I removed that image and also who the author was.
But this is really good sorry for having caused problems for you here in this sorry forum for real.
But thank you for answering me.

Sharm

Pixel Tile Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Ah, okay.  Well, for what type of clothes a character will wear that would depend a lot on the personality.  You also wouldn't need to use Dragon Ball inspired references, any clothing will work if it suits the character's style and time period.  So the first question you need to ask yourself is what kind of person she is and how would that influence what she prefers to wear?

I think you're misunderstanding what I meant by needing permission for the images.  Using another person's image without permission, even if you don't claim it as yours or give full credit is still stealing.  You must get their permission first before you use it in any way.  Imagine if someone had a bunch of paintings they were displaying at a personal art show.  A museum curator comes in, takes a photo of one of these paintings and then puts the photo in a museum as one of his main art attractions.  Then after it's been in the museum for a while he finally gets a hold of the original artist to let them know what he did.  Could you see how that might be a problem?  How the curators actions are not only rude but something that could get him sued?  If not, imagine a possible but worse case scenario.  The artist wasn't ever intending to sell the paintings, they were making them for a project that required no one else to be able to use them, but had them on display for portfolio reasons.  The curators actions have not only put a third party between themselves and potential new customers but have also destroyed the artist's relationship with their current client, who is suing for breach of contract, but the curator got what he wanted from the art piece for nothing.  The point is, the art belongs to the artist, not to you, they get to decide what happens with it.  They may say yes but you must find that out before you do anything.

I'm not mad at you or anything, I just think you're under a false impression of how copyright works and I want to let you know what's going on before you get yourself in trouble.

sidneythor

Newbie Maker
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
Okay, I got it.
I will not use anything else from third parties without your personal authorization.
Well, I'll have to cancel my DBZ project, because I'm not allowed to TOEI, BANDAI, or even Akira himself.
Well I apologize even for everything and please ignore what I asked sorry for causing trouble to everyone I'm really sorry.
I'm really sorry.

Well unfortunately I will have to do to not generate problems for anyone I will try to do a project from scratch without base and without asking for help because I believe that this is the only exit for me in this situation I believe.

Sharm

Pixel Tile Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
*headdesks*  You only need my personal authorization if you use my artwork. . . .

sidneythor

Newbie Maker
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
But I will not use your work and I will not use anyone else from now on I will use my own if I can not, I will simply leave it aside and forget and continue to live simple like this is what I have done with many projects that I try to create I can not go forward I just leave and I forget and I abandon the idea and everything so much that I do not even think about what did not work.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
 I will not use anyone else from now on

You misunderstood - there are artists who give authorisation automatically, especially in this forum's resource section. And those artists want those pictures be used by everyone who wants to use them in accordance to their terms.

But you cannot assume that this is true for everything you see everywhere - you have to take the time to check for the artist, and check for the arts terms of use, and then - only after you checked the artists conditions - you can decide to use the picture or not.

And that is what we try to tell you - there is no single answer for everything, and you need to conform to those resources only that you're allowed to use.

Most of the resources presented on this forum are free for non-commercial use, and only require payment for commercial use (only natural - if you want payment for selling a game you made, the artist who made part of the game resources wants a part of that payment for his work in it).

But even that isn't always the case - some resources are even free for commercial use.

But you need to check that before you can try to use them. That is the requirement of governmental law, and we only enforce it to make sure that you're not fined for your ignorance of those laws.

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I think you are misunderstanding Sharm. She's simply saying, when making a game, any artwork you use, you need to know that you can use it, before you do. Sometimes this may require getting permission from an artist. Sometimes the artist may make a public statement that anyone can use it, and that is enough.

For the record, I don't think you had intention to use the artwork you shared, but just wanted to use it as possible ideas for clothing for your character. And that's okay.

You can look through our resource section here and see that many have shared their artwork of various types to be used - and in those topics, they state under what conditions those may be used. It varies artist to artist, but by posting there, they are giving permission. While many people do just take whatever images they find off the internet and use it as they want, that doesn't mean it's legal.

There's no reason to give up on your project. We're just trying to help you know the best way to go about things. And yes, while there's potential you could run into issues recreating the DBZ characters, we're not saying don't, if you are creating the artwork yourself. We're just saying don't assume you can use someone else's artwork just because you find it online.

sidneythor

Newbie Maker
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
The only resource I will use in my project are those of the RPG Maker 2003 and the ones that I tried to do outside this I will not use any other because I do not know how to do anything I am still a beginner at all and so I will not use to not Generate so much problem using only those of RPG Maker 2003 I believe it is good in my view.
And without saying that I will not play any game, I would give up the idea of wanting to make games to sell because in all the forums that I used to go, everyone criticized my ideas and after a week someone stole my idea and the people approved, I got tired And decide to only do non-commercial games and for pleasure and nothing more.
What I do not like is people criticizing my ideas negatively already giving up about 100 projects and currently one of them that I am trying to do the DBZ that I started since 2013 and another that I intend to do but do not know how.
Other than that, if I do not, I believe that I will eventually abandon the communities of the makers of the world.
I have a small problem of being negative, depressive, pessimistic and so I can not work in an individual only team and also I am not the person to help anybody because I do not know how to help if the person asks me for something I will not know how to do That I do not know how to do anything in rpg maker I am more beginner than the beginner himself, I have no initiative to learn or anything.
Well that's what I had to say and once again I apologize for any problems I've caused and have a great night and more.

sidneythor

Newbie Maker
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
Well I'm doing my best and doing what I can and I'm trying well I know I'm not the best in the world, but I'm doing my best these here are the results I could find so far but I'm not done yet I still have to do more and more costumes for her, her appearance may have been ridiculous, ugly, and even super pumped and I do not care after all I do not judge by the appearance for me she is getting very beautiful in these clothes that I am doing for her, can Not being staying there 100% perfect as many pixel art. I do not like to study at all, I do not like it, I like learning and doing in practice.
I used Ceripa / Seripa / Fasha as a base for my character but she would not look like Ceripa or any other character, she's different.
But I understand the copyright issues more than anyone else so even though this game of mine is just a fan game made from fan to fan.
Well I really apologize for what happened yesterday if I offended anyone or anything like that I'm really sorry.
But I'm grateful even if they answer me.

Well I hope you like how you're doing and thank you for your attention and have a great day and sorry for my bad english.
Here's Azuki in his outfits:

Please do not come with negative reviews or anything of the kind I appreciate and more.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

People1.png & SF_People1.png added!!!!

Adventurer:
"Why your body looks like a bird?"

Stranger:
"Because I'm harpy"

Adventurer:
"Clap along if you feel like a room without a roof"

*Both dancing to Pharrell Williams song*
Stream will be live shortly with a make-up session of the Interactive Text Adventure! Feel free to drop by!
Pootscooter wrote on Pharonix's profile.
Hey @Pharonix, just wondering what you're up to lately and if you've had an opportunity to check out the LTBS thread in the past few days...(a couple of us could really use your expertise). Hope you are well and Happy Thanksgiving!
Anyone know the best size image to put in signature?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vorbaues