Shefflox

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
As the title suggests I was wondering if anyone has done this? I tried resizing it for MV via photoshop but it tends to look well... not as good as it would for VX Ace. Just wondering if anyone has made it work for MV and if so if they have tips to fix it?

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
yes, it can be done by resizing - but it needs manual touch-up after resizing (especially the autotiles), so it requires quite a bit if work to get the packs to MV.

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You can also use Shaz's plugin for different size tiles.

Shefflox

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
You can also use Shaz's plugin for different size tiles.

Does the plugin separate between maps because obviously if I use different size tiles for different maps it would make a difference no?

Shefflox

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
yes, it can be done by resizing - but it needs manual touch-up after resizing (especially the autotiles), so it requires quite a bit if work to get the packs to MV.

I figured as much, I just wanted to see if anyone else has done this, because I rarely see any games with this tile set. I figured it would be a manual sort of thing.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Those tilesets are a completely different style than the default RTP, so they can't be mixed - and and the two add-ons are too new to have been used yet. You'll probably see them used in several months when people had more time to use them and more add-ons are released.

Celianna

Tileset artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Not sure if Shaz's plugin allows for different resolutions on different maps, how about you try it out and report back to us?

Anyways, you can always try this re-sizer, but in the end, quality will always be downgraded, it simply wasn't made for a 48x48 resolution.

I've moved this thread to Celianna's resource packs. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

Shefflox

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Not sure if Shaz's plugin allows for different resolutions on different maps, how about you try it out and report back to us?

Anyways, you can always try this re-sizer, but in the end, quality will always be downgraded, it simply wasn't made for a 48x48 resolution.

I've moved this thread to Celianna's resource packs. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

Sorry for posting in the wrong thread. And thanks for the re-sizer. I'm sure it will do a better job than I can on a editor.

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
My plugin uses one tile size for the entire project. Can't swap sizes between maps. But then you can't do that in any of the default engines either ;)

drwho10

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@Celianna will you ever remake them for MV? I'm considering buying the whole pack for VXAce since I have both programs, but I don't know if I should wait for a MV version. (I am not saying you have to, if you didn't plan on making them.)

Tsukitsune

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I find it much better to use Shaz's plugin and resize all the MV tiles to 32x32. Looks much better than sizing up.

Celianna

Tileset artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Celianna will you ever remake them for MV? I'm considering buying the whole pack for VXAce since I have both programs, but I don't know if I should wait for a MV version. (I am not saying you have to, if you didn't plan on making them.)

No, I will not scale them up - as @Tsukitsune says, you can us Shaz's plugin so you can use 32x32 resolution tiles in MV. It's in your DLC folder, go check it out.

drwho10

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Ok, I'm going to buy them! I'll probably use the plugin as well.

KawaiiKid

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Those tilesets are a completely different style than the default RTP, so they can't be mixed - and and the two add-ons are too new to have been used yet. You'll probably see them used in several months when people had more time to use them and more add-ons are released.
Are the new tiles 48?
I bought the original ancient dungeons a year ago but didn't realize it was for VX. I resized them to 48 in photoshop but couldn't figure out how to use them in RPG maker. So I ended up making a grid in photoshop and making them all into parallaxes. Suuuuuper time consuming. I wish I knew a way to get them to work in the engine so then I could use the map screenshot plugin and parallax from there. If anyone knows how to get them to actually work in MV after resizing, a tutorial would be awesome!

Last edited:

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
afaik, ALL of the Ancient Dungeons packs made so far are for Ace - so 32x32 tiles.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@KawaiiKid
Then you probably made a mistake in resizing.
For the upper B to E sheets you just resize then with exactly 150% and they can be used in MV directly.
For the autotiles you do the same, but might need a bit of pixelwork to correct bad borders on the autotile segments.

KawaiiKid

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Yeah I must be setting them up wrong, because autotiles just don't work at all. Maybe I'm putting the wrong files in the wrong area. I've never actually used the default way of mapping before, I've always done parallax. It would just be so much easier if I could lol

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
These tiles are all named according to the slot they need to go into. Just make sure you put them into that slot and you're good. I think there are a couple of double-ups, where you'll have to choose one or the other - can't fit ALL of them into a single tileset.

When you resize them, save them into a new folder without changing the names. Then if you still have trouble take a screenshot of your Tilesets tab and post it so we can check what images you've used in each slot (if the full image name is visible in the slots).

Katarn

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I just bought the base pack and resized the images as follows and don't seem to have any problem that I'm aware of in MV. Andar mentioned problems with Autotiles; can you explain further? I want to make sure I'm not working in ignorance, but it seems to map fine in the editor; and I combat the scale up with just a higher resolution to "pull the camera back" -

VX Ace to MV is roughly 150% so I adjusted the images to the following

A1 = 768 x 576
A2 = 768 x 576
A3 = 768 x 384
A4 = 768 x 720
A5 = 384 x 768
B, C, D, E = 768 x 768

You can see the same scene drawn with stock tiles and re-drawn with Ancient Dungeons Base Pack

1_forum.jpg

2new_forum.jpg

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It is not "roughly" but exact 150%.

The problem with autotiles is that they need more than one connecting line and the mathematical resize often destroys that expected connection, requiring manual pixeling to make the autotiles look good again.

Go to the blog-link top right on the page and search for a tutorial "anatomy of an autotiles", that will not only tell you why simple resizing of autotiles causes distortions, but also indicates the first steps in correcting the autotiles after resize.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

V1.3 of Demo, a new concept artist on the team, character voices are coming into light more... I'm happy to say that the fangame is making good progress.
Ami
--- Stolen Item ---

M.Figher: I want to sell this Stone
Fence: Then...i can buy you 1500G
M.Figher: It's Deal!
(3 Days Later)
F.Fighter: M.Figher,Do you know about Stone that Mayor keep it in his Office? It's missing
M.Figher: Ahh,is that so... (Actually,i Stole it and Sell it to the Fence a few Days ago)
I've spent some cash on foley and other sound effects. I wonder sometimes if I made a poor choice, but I remember that I really want to improve the sound of my games. n...n; My frugalness haunts me sometimes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrLateNight98