Tarzanthecat

(Meow)
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
So, I had a custom character sprite I made for vx, but I made a mistake and bought vx ace. I want to know if there is a way that I can make that file compatible for vx ace, because when I do it now, it does weird things. Also, when it says "Easy enough for a child," I am only 14. So, try to not include links that lead to anything that has one of those computer bugs. I am rather literate, so don't avoid using complicated file names.

I included the file, just to make sure that I am nothing I'm saying is muddled.

character_generator (2).jpg

Tarzanthecat

(Meow)
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Okay, I got my first issue resolved but now, it is not asking for the void color.

I tried redoing it and using another file, and it still will not work.

$Bobisnotthenam.jpg

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I've moved this thread to Resource Support. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

I would recommend using a program such as Gimp or Paint.net that supports transparency and removing the background, leaving it transparent. I'm now sure how to force Ace to ask for the void color.

Also, where did you get this sprite from?

Last edited by a moderator:

Sharm

Pixel Tile Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
You have to click on the import button again in the resource manager.

BTW, that sprite setup is for XP not VX.  It would have been sad if you'd accidentally bought VX instead of Ace, since Ace is the better engine.

Tarzanthecat

(Meow)
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A

Sharm

Pixel Tile Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Tarzanthecat, please avoid double posting, as it is against the forum rules.  If you have something to add to your post, please edit your previous post instead.  I've merged your posts. You can review our forum rules here. Thank you.

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
As already said, make the background transparent yourself in your image editing program.  Don't rely on the engine to do it.  What's happened here is that your background colour is not a single colour all the way through - the area around the sprites is slightly different, so when you choose a background colour when importing, it only removes those pixels that are exactly that colour.

Also, you didn't have to load up a minute-long video to show that - a single screenshot would have made the problem obvious.  I don't know about others here, but my time is very limited.  I usually don't watch videos, and just move on to the next thread.  The simpler you can make it, the more people who will help you.

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Really, the biggest issue is that the generator you are using is poor quality. I'm not sure why. I feel like the graphics used in were probably ripped or something. You can tell because the edges are very "blurry" looking and you have all those fuzzy pixels around the edge if the sprite, which is why you can't get a clean color change around it. This is why I asked where you got the sprite - I had opened it in Gimp to remove the background color for you and saw the "messiness" of it, so to speak. And seeing the generator, I can tell that's the case for all the pieces use in it.

Tarzanthecat

(Meow)
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
@Shaz, I'm sorry, I just remember that once I tried to explain stuff to a forum, and people got mad because I did not explain things well, I'll avoid it next time.

And, @mlogan thanks for the info. I live in Wyoming, which is not very populated, so this stuff is very new to me, and I would only like to ask one other thing, I saved a file using another generator and it did this:   Can or how may I recover it?

$new.png

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
What generator is that? I'm not sure how you can recover that.

I'd recommend using Mack's Looseleaf generator. It's a slightly different look, but similar enough. You'll need to use a screenshot and then crop it properly.

http://www.geocities.jp/kurororo4/looseleaf/

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

cst.PNG
What would you assume this thing was/is?
1623528827049.png
Ah yes. Just the reference I was looking for to use for my portrait. Thanks Google.
BCj
Made a logo for Mana Star :D
330bb1fde7bb06b13e23fefd83501163.png
it's e3 season again..!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kyuubito31