Zealvern

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Both work great separately, but is there any way to portray the Barrier Points the YEP plugin gives you in the SRD HUD? The barrier points are displayed as missing health.

ShadowDragon

Realist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
you can try to put the barrier points as variable and show that in the HUD,
otherwise it should be possible otherwise, but I dont use Barrier Plugin
or use it at the moment, but there should be something you can use
otherwise to display it as text.

zerobeat032

Oh, it's that Zerobeat kid...
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
$gameParty.members()[0].barrierPoints() this will show barrier points on text or gauge. I've got it set where a different colored gauge appears you have barrier points. so yeah, instead of saying $gameParty.members()[0].hp change it to barrierPoints()... oh you'll have to make this it's own gauge and text though so it doesn't interfere with the normal HP gauge.

Zealvern

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
$gameParty.members()[0].barrierPoints() this will show barrier points on text or gauge. I've got it set where a different colored gauge appears you have barrier points. so yeah, instead of saying $gameParty.members()[0].hp change it to barrierPoints()... oh you'll have to make this it's own gauge and text though so it doesn't interfere with the normal HP gauge.
Yeah, the problem is that if the character's HP has BP, it'll show itself as missing health

hold up

what if I make a BP barrier that scales with max HP, flip it upside down and place it above the HP?

ATT_Turan

Forewarner of the Black Wind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yeah, the problem is that if the character's HP has BP, it'll show itself as missing health
This sounds weird. You shouldn't need to do funky workarounds for this, you should look at the code for drawing the HP gauge because that's a completely separate number from barrier points.

Zealvern

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This sounds weird. You shouldn't need to do funky workarounds for this, you should look at the code for drawing the HP gauge because that's a completely separate number from barrier points.
The missing health? I guess it's because when you have full HP and you recieve Barrier Points, the game has to increase the maxHP to accomodate the BP, and since HUDMaker's gauges only have one variable in mind, the BP are invisible there.

Maybe I'm mistaken, but it seems that's the reason. I tried with the flipped gauge and it seems to work.

ATT_Turan

Forewarner of the Black Wind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The missing health? I guess it's because when you have full HP and you recieve Barrier Points, the game has to increase the maxHP to accomodate the BP
Except it doesn't - as I said, your barrier has nothing to do with your HP. They're two different numbers. They're not connected any more than your HP and your Agility are. That's why I was asking to see the code for the HP gauge, because it couldn't have anything to do with your barrier unless it was coded to.

But if you're satisfied with your fix, that's fine! I'm glad you got it to work.

Zealvern

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Except it doesn't - as I said, your barrier has nothing to do with your HP. They're two different numbers. They're not connected any more than your HP and your Agility are. That's why I was asking to see the code for the HP gauge, because it couldn't have anything to do with your barrier unless it was coded to.

But if you're satisfied with your fix, that's fine! I'm glad you got it to work.

Okay, you were right. I made a silly mistake while testing. On the test battle, the party starts already wounded, so what I thought was the BP transforming into missing health was ACTUAL missing health. God thank you made me notice.

This is what I have right now (everything is pretty much placeholder), we'll focus on the third party member since he passively starts with a barrier equal to 20% of his max HP. The barrier is the pink bar.

1635412579385.png

The code for the HP gauge is the following:

Current value
$gameParty.members()[2].hp
Max value
$gameParty.members()[2].mhp

The code for the Barrier is the following:

Current value
$gameParty.members()[2].barrierPoints()
Max value
$gameParty.members()[2].mhp

I made a tweak for both Max value formulas, making it add the current BP to the maximum HP, and it seems to work
$gameParty.members()[2].mhp+$gameParty.members()[2].barrierPoints()

Only thing I slightly dislike is that the barrier stays on the right if there is missing health, so instead of looking like this:
1635413573418.png
it looks like this:
1635413608219.png
But it doesn't bother me that much.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

It's a Spanish devlog don't get scared!. (please)
Q:"Why don't you get a job?"
A: Posting statuses IS my job. It just so happens to not pay and happen periodically over the course of three months.
My new 49" monitor has been dispatched from the warehouse. Will it arrive tomorrow? The day after? I love that we can track packages now, even if it does only tell me when it's left that end and when it's arrived at the local centre. As long as it doesn't end up in Melbourne again, which has happened before ...
My friend's doing a surprise stream of my game Origin Hunt on Twitch here ! Feel free to stop by :yhappy:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Westernnimbus