can you start BGM at a desired time index??

Status
Not open for further replies.

CynicSyndrome

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
◆Script:AudioManager.playBgm({ name: $gameVariables.value(1309), volume: $gameVariables.value(1310), pitch: $gameVariables.value(1311), pan: $gameVariables.value(1312)});

I am using this above code to designate BGM to play and settings to use. it works 100% perfectly, but now I need a way to specify a starting point. is it possible to modify this to incorporate a starting position? I have been experimenting with this for some time but have had zero success.

Ossra

Formerly Exhydra
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@CynicSyndrome Sure! The second argument of the 'playBgm' function is the position the music should start at.

Code:
// Start 'Battle3' BGM at 10 seconds
AudioManager.playBgm({ name: 'Battle3', volume: 50, pitch: 100, pan: 0, pos: 10 }, 10);

CynicSyndrome

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thank you!!!! I knew it was something like this but couldn't get it right! You just made my day!!

slimmmeiske2

Little Red Riding Hood
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMXP

This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Just finished composing a boss battle theme!
Scripted a multi-variable weather system that randomizes wind speed, cloudiness, rain, fogginess, etc, while attempting to realistically account for interactions between them (e.g. wind speed affects fogginess, cloudiness affects rain, etc), the current weather pattern, and the player's biome e.g. swamp, beach, etc. Now I "just" have to tie visuals and sounds to the variables so stuff actually happens...
I'm having a headache balancing the combat using flat defense so I'm gonna use percentual armor, in this pic, Simon has 16 on Defense which means all the incoming damage will be reduced by 16% this will ease my burden a bit.
!Have a nice day everybody¡
SO glad they patched outer worlds for switch! I can finally play it! Weird that other peeps are still having issues. I know it was really chugging on my lite when it first came out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lagune