Can You Swap Items?

Jay7601

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Okay so I'm still quite the novice at all of this, but is it possible to swap items?

Like, say you have an NPC who will give you Item A for Item B. For however many the MC may have of Item B, the NPC will give that many back with Item A. (Example: MC has 3 bottles, so they go to the NPC who will give them 3 potions in return.)

I know the answer is probably obvious and I'm overlooking something, but please help!

Milennin

"With a bang and a boom!"
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yes. Look up variable tutorials for that kind of stuff. It's not very complicated once you become more comfortable with operating variables.

Engr. Adiktuzmiko

Chemical Engineer, Game Developer, Using BlinkBoy'
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Tagalog
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Yeah, after reading some tuts to guide you thru variable use, your event will look like this

Set variable A = Amount of Item A
Reduce Item A by Variable A amount
Add Item B by Variable A amount

Reactions: Bex

Jay7601

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thank you all so much!

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Finally feel well enough to sketch. Took twenty minutes to find the tablet. Another ten for the cable. Only to discover that my Clip Studio Pro license has expired. Yup. Gonna be one of those days.
Is there a way to add pictures to profile posts?
I just graduated from high school yesterday!
I accidently wipe out my entire hdd...
Hey everyone, I'm going to do winners announcement post for the OCCIII after we get the edit bar fixed. It's kind of hard to do any announcement without formatting! Thanks for the patience.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SkullMetalLord