Camtheman

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So if I post a game and later I change a few things and add more things, how can people play that update of the game?

??????

Diabolical Codemaster
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Binary
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
if your hosting your game on a website, all you have to do is update the websites files, and when players visit the site, it will be the updated files that they are served. :)

Camtheman

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I’m uploading the game on Steam so how can I update the files on Steam?

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The same way you're uploading them.
Just re-upload the newer versions.

However, unless you're extremely carefull with that you change, players will have to start a new game after each update.
It is possible to keep saves working through updates, but that requires carefull planning (only additions and bug corrections allowed, no restructuring or modifying of existing data)

Camtheman

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Ok I understand but how will they get their saves back if I re upload the new version?

Heirukichi

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
However, unless you're extremely carefull with that you change, players will have to start a new game after each update.

As andar said if you are not careful enough and do not plan it beforehand they simply cannot recover their save if you update the game. Otherwise their save is on their disk so having a new copy of the game does not delete any existing save. The problem is whether the save works or not.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Artists out there, is there something RPG maker related you wish your graphics software had but doesn't? (Something like automatically transform a wall tile into a cylindrical tower). I want to give a boost to WecTools, but I'm dry of ideas right now...
having anxiety during all this virus stuff is the absolute worst. I'm the only one missing out on my friend's wedding in Sept. because I can't be in large groups of people anymore due to anxiety.
Well... I just spent most of the day making something I cant even use xD

Hero_1.png
The idea was to look at the original but at a medium distance.
In hindsight, I might as well have just edited the original lol... I didn't intend for it to end up so similar.
does anyone else feel tired after completing a sprite?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naidesu