MRHAPPYFACEMAN

Story Writer and Plot Development
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
ENGLISH
I find it very difficult and VERY time consuming to find artists that help make up for my lost ground for my inability to draw. If this is a program that is compatible with makers like MV, I may consider getting it to help speed things up.

Or if there is an artist, to use his/her own makings into the program so its not islolated to one set of things only.

Celianna

Tileset artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Unfortunately, RM is still Enterbrain's property, so you cannot use its assets in VNM.

But VNM comes with its own assets, lots of art and even characters. Great to begin with when you can't draw.

ElieTaping

Zzz... Sleep Sleep Sleep~
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
As what as Ms. Celianna said. I don't think that the makers of the engine would not put a generator for the character's bust/face since that would be bad for their product and plus it would bring more costumers to buy the engine if it already has a free resources to use and would make it easier to those who can't draw.

BrotherKnight

#MakeAmericaGreatAgain!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Unfortunately, RM is still Enterbrain's property, so you cannot use its assets in VNM.

But VNM comes with its own assets, lots of art and even characters. Great to begin with when you can't draw.
Is it possible to use VNM to make cutscenes for RM without using RM's assets?

Archeia

Level 99 Demi-fiend
Staff member
Developer
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Is it possible to use VNM to make cutscenes for RM without using RM's assets?

VNM is a completely different engine. The way it does events and all those other things are extremely far from the way RPG Maker does it. So you can't unless you can program but even then, VNMaker owns copyright on some intellectual property that will be detailed in the license. So it is something to keep in mind.

Sarah_yt

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Oh that's sad :( I hope hoping to use it to make cutscenes too ^_^ Oh well, I'm sure there's more than one way to do that.

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

Am I to assume that the opposite is true that resources made in VNM cannot be used in MV? Just wondering as someone who has very limited drawing skills, and can never seem to find a reliable artist to help me draw characters(I do offer to pay them and I'm not bad mouthing all artists, just the minority of artists that I've tired hiring that suddenly decide to do something else after agreeing to help me.)

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It sounds like that is the case, but ultimately you will have to read the terms of service.

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It sounds like that is the case, but ultimately you will have to read the terms of service.
No problem, thanks for the advice. If that is the case then I'll have to pass purchasing it which isn't me trying to be funny or anything, but there wouldn't be any point in me buying it as I would want it solely for so I can have a nice image bust in one of my mv games.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Heh, um. I've spent $1500~ so far for my game. Most of that went into purchasing some software I need, as well as some commissions. But still, I didn't realize I had spent so much since the beginning of October.

Do not trust me with money, lol.
Working on my first ideas for a tileset... I really don't know if anyone would like or even want my style.

k5a4BHk.png
Plus-size sprite continues! Front and back views done, or at least mostly there depending on if there's any more work you all think she needs. Once I get her done I can get working on her masculine counterpart:
PlusTest-03.gif
My game is basically turning into a 2 on 2 fighting game disguised as an rpg lol. here's eveyone doing their own intro in battle.
Sizzle sizzle sizzle...
zbf1dCZ.gif

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peachdelta