mardin

"...pretty please?"
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
Maybe I did something wrong but I cannot cancel the videos in my game. I use videos a lot for cutscenes and to tell the story, but the player should really be able to cancel a video with the escape button!

I looked around in the forums but I did not find anything related to that, so maybe I am just doing something wrong. Is there an easy way to cancel played videos? Or is there a simple script for that?

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@Yappy Monoxide  Sadly the Zeus script is for XP and the Estriole one is for VX

@mardin You have posted this in the VXAce forum, yet the info under your avatar says you use MV.  Which engine are you wanting help with?  VXAce scripts cannot be used in MV which require JS plugins, and MV plugins cannot be used in Ace which require RGSS3 scripts.

mardin

"...pretty please?"
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
@ksjp17 I am aware of that, but I cannot change the "Primarily Uses" to "RMVXA&RMMV". I own both VX Ace and MV. I want help with VX Ace, where i posted it.

Leon Kennedy

Restaff Novice
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Sadly the Zeus script is for XP and the Estriole one is for VX

hmm weird on their thread it says it was converted for vxa 

http://www.rpgmakercentral.com/topic/7177-est-sov-video-player-script-conversion-v-14/

Also apparently this script is very buggy as the last person on ^that thread posted

"I don't have these issue running a mp4 file. However running an mp4 causes the screen to go into fullscreen so I guess I need to run it in avi.

-------------------------------------

Edit: I decided to use Zeus Video Player v2.3 as gives no errors and it does what I need it to do."

so apparently zeus video player will work for you??

Last edited by a moderator:

Yappy Monoxide

The Yappiest Yap Yapp you will ever Yap
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
@ksjp17 Placing the Zeus script was a fail on my part, and the Estriole Script does seem to work in Vx Ace but it's extremely hard to use.

Leon Kennedy

Restaff Novice
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Placing the Zeus script was a fail on my part, and the Estriole Script does seem to work in Vx Ace but it's extremely hard to use.

Well according to the last dude to post on estroles thread some form of zeus's script does work for vxa and better than that script so it wasn't a totally bad suggestion after all lol. 

Yappy Monoxide

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I'm reading the comments on Zeus's post and from what I can tell it can be used in Vx Ace? I not entirely sure, I'm going to test it out. 

EDIT Apart from a strange loading glitch everything seems to work perfectly fine. For me anyway. I believe the issue is that when it loads the video it's attempting to use the vanilla code before switching to Zeus's. Perhaps if I disable the movie code it will work? That's my theory anyway.(Tried and it doesn't work, Got another idea.) Also the script can skip through movies @mardin  :D

mardin

"...pretty please?"
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
@Yappy MonoxideYeah, I've tried various setups now. And I agree that Zeus works best. I get the glitch too, loading and also shortly after the video. I have to accept that and should be happy that the Zeus script is working extremely well although it was not designed vor VX Ace.

Overall a very annoying experience how the simple fact that I want the player to be able to skip videos took me 4-5 hours to implement :(

Thanks for helping me out guys, may the endless scripts be with you ;)

Yappy Monoxide

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
@Yappy MonoxideYeah, I've tried various setups now. And I agree that Zeus works best. I get the glitch too, loading and also shortly after the video. I have to accept that and should be happy that the Zeus script is working extremely well although it was not designed vor VX Ace.

Overall a very annoying experience how the simple fact that I want the player to be able to skip videos took me 4-5 hours to implement :(

Thanks for helping me out guys, may the endless scripts be with you ;)

You could try making the first few seconds of your video black so it fades in with the screen. That's what I'm trying to do.

XxXhelazz

Agains these fascist who want to destroy me and my
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Msdos and httml
Primarily Uses
Have you tried a conditional branch? Imagine if player press "esc" the switch "video 1" will be cancelled. Try something like that. Hope I helped!

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Man, nobody has created an MZ state animation plugin outside of VisuStella. That breaks my heart.
Finnuval wrote on Alador's profile.
Cute new avatar you got there ;)
Alberest so far, got a lot done but still ALOT left to do.
Wish I had a better means of taking screenshots...
Map is 148x98

concept: zombie slayer fest.

Lag because of outdated hardware.

Lots todo:
-Terrax lightning should have another step for the flashlight, between up down left right.
-Also Online mv from Nelderson should emit the flashlight from the other player.
-Animation needed for killing the zombie...
Before adding it to #crypchania.
Working on a case. Get all the evidence to prosecute some bad guys. :kaojoy:
But, the game development schedule delayed. :kaoswt2:
The moral of the story: No good deed goes unpunished... I guess...
Except that, nothing to see here. :kaoswt2:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Keitaro122