Candacis

Pixel Pusher
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
Hey there and merry christmas! :)

Please check out my new viking resources at the top of my tiles section.

I added a whole bunch of tiles that can be used for a viking or nordic village!

I didn't have time to make a snow variant for the pitched roofs or make an animated big fire, but don't worry, hopefully I will be able to finish those in January. I also hadn't had the time to make an example map to showcase (right now I have no access to RPG Maker VX Ace) the resources. If you have any questions on how to use some of the resources, don't hesistate to ask.

Here is a WIP screenshot I had, just to show you the look of the houses:

The roofs are basically a reworked version of my rtp mack roofs, but the viking ones only work for 3 tiles wide buildings. This is just the width I use normally. On the other hand I could minimize the use of events, if you map the roofs in the editor. Should use no events (except if you add the decorative pitched beams or chimneys). The A3 straw roofs cover a part of the walls as well, so look out which walls have straw parts at the top. But there should be normal walls in there as well.

If someone else want to try and make a sample map with those houses, that would be awsome :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Kes

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
These are impressive!  Thank you very much. Top quality, and a lovely Christmas present to the community.

cabfe

Cool Cat
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I love the wood tint you chose. I don't know if it's typical Viking wood but it looks great anyway.

Good job!

Alkorri

Proofreading Penguin
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Candacis, those Viking tiles are amazing. What a lovely Christmas gift! There are some parts I don't understand what they are for but I'm sure I'll find out when I test them :)

Merry Christmas to you!

Candacis

Pixel Pusher
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
Thanks, glad you like it :)   I know, some of the tiles might be confusing. I plan on making a short instruction next year, just hadn't had the time yet.

PandaMaru

little red panda
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
german
Primarily Uses
N/A
It's wonderfull how matching all your stuff are. I'm a bit jealous of your creativity and admire your work. <3

Hope you will add the viking-sets to your homepage as well.

I'll look foward what comes next. :D

Cope

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Awesome :) tilesets, any chance you still make more Modern Day tilesets?

Candacis

Pixel Pusher
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
I updated my blog with the viking resources, but nothing new. Just an updated sample screenshot:

I also added my big icons I made for the last ReStaff. Expect some tiles for the next ReStaff though :)   If anyone has requests or ideas for nature/spring related tiles, now is the time to ask me ^^

@Cope: I haven't really done modern tilesets, but I'm working on a big tileset made by scratch that features a pre-modern timeperiod and will focus on cities, mainly industrialization.

GrandmaDeb

Modern Exteriors Posted!
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
I love your Viking stuff. Screenies help people use them, and it catches the eye of Google searchers as well. [=

Suggestions for spring stuff??

Flower baskets for next to people's front doors and to hang on their porches and trellises to bloom over the doors. [=

Sprays of crocuses popping up in the grass. Rabbits nibbling. Birds fluttering. Omg, it's been a cold, icy winter over here.

SPRING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm all into spring. [=

Candacis

Pixel Pusher
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
Okay, I forgot that I even made this until the topic came back up in the screenshot thread. So, I uploaded edited A1 water autotiles. Their use is very specific, but for everyone else I added an water beach autotile with sand.
You can find both in my "Tiles" section under A1 Tiles.

This is how it looks:

And here is a small explanation on how to use them in RPG Maker Editor:
First, decide how you want your dock to look and use the floor tiles you want. Then add the first water autotile from the top right side of the tilesheet. You don't have to shift-map, but you have to use this autotile two times going down to create the full tile. So, click two times going down on the map. Then, add the second water autotile under the first row of the first watertile. After you did this, fill the rest of the space with the 3rd autotile.
I hope, that made sense. I got this idea from this tutorial: http://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?/topic/4794-better-looking-water-tiles/
Check it out for more ideas on how to alter water autotiles.

I also added a Do-it-Yourself sheet with both semi-transparent water autotiles. Use it in a graphic program to add your own walls underneath them.

Oh, and get ready for more water autotiles in the next ReStaff :)

Last edited by a moderator:

GolfHacker

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Wow, that's awesome - especially the transparent standalone water tiles. I've been wondering how I'm going to make something similar with my own custom wall graphics underneath. Thanks! Much appreciated!

Candacis

Pixel Pusher
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
It was just a quick edit of the rtp world water, I barely did anything, but thanks :)

If you want to make parts of your own custom water transparent, don't just reduce opacity, also enhance contrast by a lot to bring out those waves.

GolfHacker

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Thanks for the tip! That's probably why it didn't turn out well when I was experimenting a bit last weekend...

Nanaki_Fan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Thank you for sharing the transparent water :)

Candacis

Pixel Pusher
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
Glad you all like it. I added some balloons in the "Others" section. They can be used to create your own balloons and/or be used with a balloon script.

If you like it and haven't yet, please like my first post :)

I will add my ReStaff April tiles at a later point, but I already put my updated tree springtiles unter Exterior tiles.

cilis

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
japanese
Primarily Uses
This article uses the google translation.
Thank you a lot of great material!
I commented because I want to use in a commercial.
Thank you! :D

CrazyCrab

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
How did I not notice these before? o_O

These are wonderful, thanks for sharing them with us. :)

Candacis

Pixel Pusher
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
Hey there,

I uploaded all my spring tiles I made for the last ReStaff.

I also uploaded minigame tiles, you can find them under tiles - interior and under others - pictures. I have made a small project with 6 minigames (without scripting except for one small part). I got a lot of help and inspiration for those minigames from other users here in the forum. I haven't currently translated the project from german, but I will do this and then upload it. Probably in the tutorial section. The project has some small additionall graphics I made and used for the minigames (mostly pictures of powerbars in their various states). Will post a link once I have translated it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

2 huge market drops in 2 days. So glad I sold my non-dividend stocks about 2 weeks ago. And if the dividend ones drop heavily, hey more cheap stocks for me!
My tutorial is live! It covers using Yanfly's weapon unleash to replace the basic attack skill with a more dynamic version depending on which weapon type the actor has equipped. It also includes how to import a custom function used to generate a random number within supplied minimum and maximum values, used in the replaced skills, to give weapons a set damage range.
What can I sing for my sisters birthday...?

>.<'
Well, I'll have you know that I'm still around, looking for opportunity to resurface with some stuffs.
I like to think of Profile Posts as tiny homes, full of all kinds of unsuspecting suckers "future" friends.... Many of which are of course only going to be excited when a strange man in black suddenly shows up to say hi. :LZSexcite:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Botch