soryumi

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
first post here :)

I imported a tileset for my game, but the corner tile had a star rather than circle that I can't change. It made the tile invisible in both database and in-game. is there a way to fix this? I've used tilesets by the same person and this is the first time I've ever had this issue.
Screenshot (30).png
Note: When I look at image in files, it's fine. It's only in RPGmaker it does this.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
NO, it is ABSOLUTELY required that the first B tile is ALWAYS invisble and star passability.
And star doesn't make tiles invisible, the invisibility is the engine overriding any tile in the first B slot (the first tiles in the other slots can be used normally)

Here is the explanation and what would happen if you (like in earlier engines) could change the star:

soryumi

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
NO, it is ABSOLUTELY required that the first B tile is ALWAYS invisble and star passability.
And star doesn't make tiles invisible, the invisibility is the engine overriding any tile in the first B slot (the first tiles in the other slots can be used normally)

Here is the explanation and what would happen if you (like in earlier engines) could change the star:
I had no idea! thanks for the link, it cleared up a lot.
ig I got to reformat now lol

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
That is the tile you should be using when you want to erase stuff from the upper layers.

ATT_Turan

Forewarner of the Black Wind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
And just to point it out, this information is in the asset standards section of the help file. If you're replacing/adding to anything in the engine, it would be a smart idea to read through that so you fully understand how it is all supposed to be configured.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I have done nothing for my game in the last hours but look and modify my spreadsheets. lmao
A quarter of century ago, one astute frog man was born. :ninja:
All new MZ Weather & Title updates are also RETRO'able for MV! Updated RETRO project will be released on same day I'll release updated MZ demo -project!

retro.png
Just lost about half a day's worth of work because rpg maker crashed during playtesting and corrupted my file :kaolivid:
Boku.gif
advanced_puzzling.PNG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
popcav