Zwataketa

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMXP
Hello all,

I am new to using RPG Maker XP. I am trying to create a new project, but I keep getting a "Failed to load actor data" error. This is confusing to me as I do not understand why I would have this kind of error when creating a project, as opposed to loading. You can imagine how this is a hurdle to my entry with the program.

For context, yes I specifically need to use RPG Maker XP rather than another version, for personal reasons. I am trying to create the project in it's own folder, as opposed to the "System" folder the program defaults to, as that causes a "Failed to copy folder" error. Also, currently I am using the trial, and I'll be asking for the full version for christmas.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
we need more info to really help you, but first guess is that you placed the project in the wrong folder.
RMXP is too old, a few things have changed between the time it was programmed and the current windows definitions, and that causes some problems
One of which is that the default folder where it tries to place projects is now restricted, causing project creation to fail.

If that is not the case, it might be that the XP-RTP is not correctly installed. The RTP is installed by a second setup called from the main setup, and again that call has been restricted since then and only is allowed by windows if the main setup has been launched with full admin privilegues.

mudkipi

Ken
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMXP
Hello all,

I am new to using RPG Maker XP. I am trying to create a new project, but I keep getting a "Failed to load actor data" error. This is confusing to me as I do not understand why I would have this kind of error when creating a project, as opposed to loading. You can imagine how this is a hurdle to my entry with the program.

For context, yes I specifically need to use RPG Maker XP rather than another version, for personal reasons. I am trying to create the project in it's own folder, as opposed to the "System" folder the program defaults to, as that causes a "Failed to copy folder" error. Also, currently I am using the trial, and I'll be asking for the full version for christmas.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Check your Data folder. It could because of the actor.rxdata being missing or corrupted.

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Check your Data folder. It could because of the actor.rxdata being missing or corrupted.

The OP is trying to create a NEW project, not load an existing one.

I keep getting a "Failed to load actor data" error.

Is this actually when you are creating the new project, or have you created and saved it, and you're now trying to test play? Where do you have XP installed, and where did you create your project? Is "its own folder" right at the very root of C:\ or D:\ or is it somewhere else? If you've created it in Program Files, you probably don't have access to save there.

Zwataketa

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMXP
Hey all, apologies for the late response. So the issue was that I had installed the program somewhere that wasn't the program files folder, and that caused things to go awry. A case where my wanting to be organized shot me in the foot. XP Thankfully, the issue's been resolved since, and all it took was installing the program in the default directory listed.

slimmmeiske2

Little Red Riding Hood
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMXP

This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Lee Sang wrote on Bandito's profile.
Hi, I've just tried your plugin "Game is Active" and when I tested it on Android, it gave me an error, something about "resolution".
With my project, I want the player to have access to all the tools they need to get from New Game to Credits as soon as possible; I want the player's progress to only be impeded by the player not knowing how to use the tools the game provides.
Just a little close up shot...
w2xZocX.jpg
finally drew the last member of "team outcast" for my game. since my game has a lot fighting game elements in it, there's bosses in teams of three like King of Fighters.
What do you guys think about Survival mechanics in games (Hunger, thirst, etc.)?
Do you find them to be an enjoyable obstacle or a bit of a nuisance?

Asking for a friend... :stickytongue:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ercan