Not open for further replies.

Laptopdancer

Gaymerz Rock!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I have a mongo large overworld map. I know I know. But i started making my game right out of the box before i knew what i was doing... Still don't totally... but anyhow, I can't find a event limit breaker, Woratana's database breaker doesn't do anything to event limits. so i guess im wondering if there's anything out there to deal with my problem. If not then maybe is there any way to make the system handle the overworld map as as a few separate maps? 

Engr. Adiktuzmiko

Chemical Engineer, Game Developer, Using BlinkBoy'
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Tagalog
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I'd really suggest either dividing the overworld map, or remove a few events... there might be some that can even be just merged into pages... like if for example you have an autorun or parallel event that runs only at a certain phase of the game...

Plus having too many events can cause lag...

Last edited by a moderator:

Tsukihime

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
If not then maybe is there any way to make the system handle the overworld map as as a few separate maps?
Or just separate the maps yourself? Then you don't need to come up with strange workarounds or hacks to get more events to fit.

Little Paw

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
There's a limit to how many events you can have per map? How many? I have a pretty large world map too...

Laptopdancer

Gaymerz Rock!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Separate the maps myself? how does that go? redrawing from scratch? then rechanneling connected events and moving others?

Engr. Adiktuzmiko

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Tagalog
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Yes... basically that's it...

and next time, be sure to do planning first so that you won't reach this same problem...

Or

make copies of your overworld... Assuming events are specific to each chapter of the game, you can have one copy of the overworld per chapter... so that each overworld map will only have the events specific for that chapter

Laptopdancer

Gaymerz Rock!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
The finger waggin part of your message was bunk, but the last part is a great idea. Note taken sport!

Little Paw

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Yes... basically that's it...

and next time, be sure to do planning first so that you won't reach this same problem...

Or

make copies of your overworld... Assuming events are specific to each chapter of the game, you can have one copy of the overworld per chapter... so that each overworld map will only have the events specific for that chapter
"Please Insert Disc 2" :p

But really... what's the limit of events?

Engr. Adiktuzmiko

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Tagalog
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I think on the engine it says don't put more than 100 per map...

Geekman

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I've seen one-fifty before. HORRIBLE lag. But it still functioned...

Engr. Adiktuzmiko

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Tagalog
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
It never said it won't work after 100 though, it only said it recommends less than 100 becoz of what Geekman said, horrible lag... XD

the actual max might be way way more than that... 

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You don't have to redraw the whole thing. Just make however many smaller maps you need, give them the same tileset, then shift-right-click copy and shift-paste section by section. You would have to redo all the events though.

Or copy and paste the entire map however many times you need to, then on each copy, erase the map area you don't need and the events on that area, and move what you're left with to the top left, finally resizing the map to fit.

Still a bit of mucking around to do, but both are easier than recreating the whole thing from scratch.

Little Paw

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
It never said it won't work after 100 though, it only said it recommends less than 100 becoz of what Geekman said, horrible lag... XD

the actual max might be way way more than that... 
Aren't there anti-lag scripts which keep events from running if they're outside of a certain range?

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yes, there are, and I use one, but they can cause problems depending on what's in your events. Events with move routes, if they move outside the anti-lag area, will just stop and your game will freeze up. Better to add it right at the beginning, if you're going to use one, than half way through.

Laptopdancer

Gaymerz Rock!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Now see! you genius....

Or copy and paste the entire map however many times you need to, then on each copy, erase the map area you don't need and the events on that area, and move what you're left with to the top left, finally resizing the map to fit.
That's gonna save my bacon. And i can erase all the events except certain areas based on game progression. Then all I need to do is fix the transfers! THANKYOU.

I could even use a script i saw which butts maps together like they're one...

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Was that a script I made for someone? I do recall writing one where you could leave one map on any tile and enter another map on the corresponding tile, without having to use ANY events.

Engr. Adiktuzmiko

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Tagalog
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
or maybe the one by Tsukihime I think (which puts together multiple maps into one)

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm guessing this is now resolved, so ...

This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Winter Cover.png
Peeps, can we just take some time to appreciate the mods here? They're so friendly, and they're always there for us when we need help. Now that I've been here for two years, I want to thank the mods and admins for keeping it positive here on the forum. They're the reason I've stayed so long! Here's to you!
If it gets 6 degrees hotter we've reach 100
I am finally done making the 'superbosses' in my game!
I'm happy because oh my gosh they were a lot of work, but I'm also sad because I love database work... And also because I loved making stupid powerful bosses ._.
Question for anyone who reads Slip into Ruby or Jump into Javascript: do I sometimes get too "explainy" with the methods/functions? Would it be more useful if I stuck to explaining what the code is doing rather than also delving into minutiae of the technical side of it?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fartsucker