Cannot deploy to from PC -> Switch even though Switch has a player now

Harwin

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I purchased RPG Maker MV recently knowing that it would be coming out for the Switch with a free player. I assumed I would be able to deploy to Switch once the Switch version was released (That there would be a PC update to allow it) but there is no such option.

This is pretty much the entire reason I bought it on PC - it's easier for me to work there and the plan was to export it so my kids could play on the Switch.

Why can't I do that?

slimmmeiske2

Little Red Riding Hood
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMXP
I'm pretty sure that MV Player on the Switch is so you can play games made in MV Trinity (aka the Switch version). It's as far as I know not for playing games made with the PC version.

LyonBuster

GAN's Professor
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Could you be able to make a game on pc version and move it on to Trinity version of Switch in order to deploy it in Trinity or it wouldn't work?

gRaViJa

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
@LyonBuster That's not possible now and chances are small it ever will be possible.

LyonBuster

GAN's Professor
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@LyonBuster That's not possible now and chances are small it ever will be possible.
That's a pity...
Also i have the question, as finally RPG Maker MV (Trinity) is already in digital format here in Spain, if we would be able to just pass the resources to the sd card in order to use them in game.
I know it is not rpg maker mv pc but i dunno where to ask this either... :hswt:

MerlinCross

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
As I understood it, you can play RPG maker games made in the RPG maker program that's on the Switch but nothing else. Basically you'd be held hostage to that console and I'm unsure how easily it would be to share plugins and the like as well(I hate to say impossible becasue people keep surprising me).

I know RPG maker gets trotted out as basic and 'baby's first engine' but a console version seems to be even worse.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Woke up on an awful nightmare of being banned here because some mod didn't liked me in a super-heroes freeform round robin RP where I used throwing normal hammer as power and it was qualified being too OP. XD Nice to read you all guys. Will not wait next nightmares.
Staring at all the RPG Maker versions I have and realizing that my project has been a long time coming. But, I finally feel like I have the knowledge and experience to make it into something good.
We're almost done with the jam game! :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewshetty123