Queen

RPG Maker MZ Newbie
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hey guys, I know that this should be easy but for some reason I just cannot get it to work :(

PUIrDKT.png

Looking at the picture above, my problem is that I cannot get it to do the IF statement. Every time I run this, I will always get "Switching to Secondary Party." What am I doing wrong?

P.S. Just in case this contributes to the problem above, I'm using two Himeworks plugins (Himeworks is awesome!), one is Common Event Button and the other is Party Manager

Archeia

Level 99 Demi-fiend
Staff member
Developer
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
You need to add an else branch and put that part after the end inside that else branch.

8o17ucw.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey guys, I know that this should be easy but for some reason I just cannot get it to work :(

And you won't.

Self-Switches exist only for map events, not for common events.

For common events, you'll need to use a regular switch, or a script to add self-switches to common events (and I don't know if that even exists for MV)

Queen

RPG Maker MZ Newbie
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
And you won't.

Self-Switches exist only for map events, not for common events.

For common events, you'll need to use a regular switch, or a script to add self-switches to common events (and I don't know if that even exists for MV)

ahh darn, I see. Thank you for answering. :)   I didn't know that self-switches is limited to only map events. It's a shame since imo they're the easiest to use out of all the switches xD 

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Don't you just hate it when you get a high level armor only for it to look like a metal plated bikini on your female character?? Seriously. How can that protect you??? Enemies can hit the squishy parts! :kaosigh:
Bathrooms are not designed for the middle of the night.
so... I decided since a park was an area in my game... here's an enemy that's slide with a hand behind it. cause why not.
Hot chocolate and music make studying and note-taking much easier :kaoluv:
Until my hand cramps up from writing too much!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Br8228