Raybrite

Lost Newbe
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I cannot seem to get the screens Kain has in the tutorials.

I made it as far as finding the Adobe Flex SDK. There is no mention of a build 3.6.0.16995A anywhere.

My other question is, Do I need to go through the first 2 Tutorials or can I just go to Number 3 and begin making the game?

I cannot seem to get the tiles in that one working.

Thanks for the help.

Ken

Cricketfoot

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I just started with the 3rd tutorial (Basic Platformer) and haven't even looked at the first two. There are probably a few pearls of wisdom in those first two, but I figured it'd be best to learn how to use IGM and get familiar with it before really attempting my first game. IGM is fairly complicated and there is very little support for it on the forums, especially compared to RPGM VX Ace.

I'd recommend going through all of the tutorials and really try and understand what you are actually doing at each step. Maybe even go through them all once just doing what it says, then go through them again focusing on what you are actually doing at each step and really learn how IGM works.

And if you haven't already, snag the sample games. You can look at those and maybe get an idea on how to do various things.

Good luck with your games!

Raybrite

Lost Newbe
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
This morning's coffee seems to have helped me a lot.

I managed to get the grass and have finally figured out how to get the animations (I think). I am sort of on that page now and have just managed to rename the Animation.

Can I get you to help me if I have another problem?

Ken

Last edited by a moderator:

Raybrite

Lost Newbe
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
 Sorry for the double post. It has been a slow thread.

My problem now is that I have a game but when I try to go up it goes down and when I try to gl left it goes right.

The icon begins at the top of a jump.

It seems I may have something marked to reverse things.

Ken

( I didn't have internet for the past week so I was absent.)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

It's definitely discouraging when streamers give a try-to-say-it-nicely (i.e. bad) review of your game demo. It's like jumping into a cold pool. Bad initally, but it gets better with time. And you are now more alert and see better.
Some screenshots of the pub and lodging with the beginnings of clutter taking shape
TTp8uCw.png

jtC202e.png

bSXgyVl.png

eRx9PUF.png
Backgrounds are not my strong suit... :kaodes:
DazI8jt.jpg

Just realized I forgot doing the clouds... woops
Went to get some stuff for February 10, the birthday of my favorite ink monster...
I have a little one-person party for Bendy every year, complete with the life-size plushie I made. And yes, I bake a birthday cake!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shepradatory