Cannot play game on MAC due to permission

Kou123

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I personally never used mac but I uploaded a game for mac because my friend uses mac but he is getting an error "You do not have permission to open the application" Is this a problem with my file or just with mac and is there a way to fix this?

Attachments

• Permission error.png
    Permission error.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 5

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Most likely this is on his system, because the game is already called an APP. Most of the problems from your side would prevent it from being registered as an app.

I think this is the default setting of "don't run programs from the internet" that exists both for Windows and MacOS, and as with Windows there is an override to tell the Mac to run the program.

If your friend has full userrights that override is one of the keys on the keyboard that needs to be pressed at the same time as he doubleclicks on the game. I don't remember if it is the Apple-key or the selector-Key or one of the other special key - when I had such a problem then I just try them one after another until the button "run this ap" appears on the window.

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

I've moved this thread to MV Supportr. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

Tech Support is when you can't get the editor to run on your own machine.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Is this Profile Banner thing new? Or did I just discovered it now?
Well.. I was going to post my randomly generated road experiments... But the new "Attach Files" on profile posts seems to be quite buggy. Also there's no more option to insert Imgur images. Highly unfortunate. Guess I'll give them a bit to fix it and go back to messing with stuff.
my first day back to working on my project and i'm pooped!! hope to get back in the rhythm soon!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
beccokiwis