KotoYama

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Did anyone encounter this error when trying to save the game? It's a rare bug that appears in my games from time to time.
1589965586270.png

ShadowDragon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
we cant help you if we dont see the console log which is required.
so far I can think off:

1) a plugin compability
2) code typo in skill, state, equip etc
3) if a custom plugin, you didn't define it "yet"

or a very different reason. make a screenshot of your console and give a bit more details,
so we can help you for a solution so we dont have to "guess" here.

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
See where it says "For more information, push F8"? Did you do that? If you do that, then go to the Console tab and post a screenshot, we'll be able to see better what's going on.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
also, a lot of time the "undefined" happens when you load an incompatible savefile.
and savefiles become incompatible by adding and removing plugins.

so it is important to check if the error happens or not when trying to start a new playtestgame.

Because that could be why the error is rare - if it only happens if you added a new plugin after the last save...

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

I've moved this thread to Plugin Support. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

KotoYama

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Here it is. The ERROR actually always says different things but only happens in this one place when I'm about to finish the level. It's also like exactly the save event like the other save points.
I don't add or remove any plugins. Before I tried using a simple open save screen command, but now I'm using this script.

1590055824196.png1590056107214.png

Eliaquim

Raze: The Rakuen Zero's Guardian!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese - Br
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It seems a lot of compatibility issues with other plugins.
Try to change or remove some plugins.
This happens in a new game?

KotoYama

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It seems a lot of compatibility issues with other plugins.
Try to change or remove some plugins.
This happens in a new game?
Never mind. I just deleted this event and added another save point. No, as I said it's rare and only happens in this particular moment. The whole thing is super odd.

KotoYama

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Here's a new error.
1590385013184.png

And again, it appears in this one place.

Sometimes it doesn't even let you save and when you pressing X trying to leave the save window this thing appears.

Last edited:

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
that is definately a problem that can only be caused by javascript/plugins.
So please post screenshots of your plugin manager with your entire plugin list, so we can check what could be wrong there.

EDIT:
Additionally, please state the two version numbers for your project and your editor.
The editor version you can check on help-about in the editor.
The project version you can check by opening the projects js/rpg_core.js file with a text editor.
Please state both numbers even if they are identical.

EDIT2:
And I strongly suggest you rename your files to be compatible to networking rules. That will be a lot of work to correct all references, but you will not be able to deploy to anything but windows until you do.
See the messages in your console where the filenames are littered with %nn? Like spaces replaced by %20 and so on? That is an override that only works under windows (and causes problems even there) because the original symbols replaced are forbidden under HTML-rules.

Last edited:

KotoYama

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
that is definately a problem that can only be caused by javascript/plugins.
So please post screenshots of your plugin manager with your entire plugin list, so we can check what could be wrong there.

EDIT:
Additionally, please state the two version numbers for your project and your editor.
The editor version you can check on help-about in the editor.
The project version you can check by opening the projects js/rpg_core.js file with a text editor.
Please state both numbers even if they are identical.

EDIT2:
And I strongly suggest you rename your files to be compatible to networking rules. That will be a lot of work to correct all references, but you will not be able to deploy to anything but windows until you do.
My plugin list is huge. Up to 50 plugins or so. Will you really be able to figure out what caused this problem? :D

EDIT:
What's that for?

EDIT2:
Yep, I heard something like that. Is there any list of rules for these? I think usually, Linux users converting those manually. Or playing in-browser or something?

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
1) yes, we will be able to identify a lot of possible errors from the list of your plugins - like having yanfly plugins in the wrong order (because yes, even the order of plugins used can cause problems) or knowing compatibilities between different plugin programmers and so on.

2) some plugins are not compatible with every core version, and there are other known problems in older versions etc.

We don't waste time by asking useless questions - if we ask questions then the answers will always help. Which means a post where you not answer those questions is wasted time.

3) no, there is no list of those rules that I can link you, because they are caused from several different reasons. only latin letters and arabic numbers and a very limited number of special signs, capitalization is important are the most commonly broken rules.

KotoYama

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Got it! Here's the full plugins list:

1.png2.png3.png

KotoYama

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So, what? Is there any solution?

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
not directly - I would have answered directly if I had seen anything known to cause errors in that list.
the problem is that you're using plugins from too many different programmers to point out to where the compatibility problem is, and it is definately a compatibility problem between two or three of them.

you'll basically have to identify the involved plugins the hard way:
1) disable one plugin
2) start a new playtest game
3) play until you get the error (or not)
4) if you get the error at the same way, the plugin disabled under 1 is not invovled
if you can't reproduce the error, the disabled plugin was invovled
5) re-enable the plugin
6) repeat from 1 until you got through the entire list

you should be able to get two or three plugins at minimum, which is why you can't stop on finding the first invovled plugin. And with all those plugin names, you can start looking for a solution - which might or might not be as easy as changing the plugin order, or require a new compatibility patch to be programmed.

slimmmeiske2

Little Red Riding Hood
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMXP

This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Okay someone really needs to fix that broken railing, its a health hazard...

I'm starting to wonder if I should go the Half Minute Hero route with my game. The character's main weapon is logistically way too strong. So I can't really let the player continuously grow it.... But if they had to build it up each time like HMH, that could work. Also it lets me take advantage of my randomly generated maps so much more. Hmm... This could work! :LZSexcite:
std::vector, std::map and std::string. Three reasons why I'd take C++ over C. :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xericho