Cannot read property 'removeCurrentAction' of null

Tazzyneo

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hellow! I hope I posted this in the right place!

Any idea on how to solve this problem?
It appears really randomly at the beginning of the few fights in one of my maps. It's like 1/5 chances that this appears and the player has to restart the game.
And HOW UNLUKCY: It's one of my few maps in which I disabled the "save" menu.

So,if I really can't find a solution to this random(I mean, yeah...it really looks random) error, I will have to tell the player to save before every fight bc "this" can show up...

What could be the reason behind this? -> I went to use forced actions at the beginning of certain fights to make the ennemies move and do cool things...I did neveeeer have any error like this in my previous areas
Now I removed every "forces actions" in THIS map, but the error still shows up time to time.

I may just be blind, or maybe it's really complicated... idk :c
If someone has like just "an idea" please tell me ^^ Thaaanks!

1591054238912.png

Cormorant42

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Couple questions:
1. Does this appear at the beginning of encounter-type battles or scripted battles?
2. Did you check all of your troops (not just the ones on that map) for any mistakes/typos having to do with the "removeCurrentAction"/"forces action" motion?
3. Are there ANY similarities between the battles that cause this error?

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
the most common cause for any "undefined" or "null" errors is loading an incompatible savefile.
Does that happen if you started a new game on the titlescreen instead of continuing an old savefile?

the second most common cause is to have incompatible plugins or plugins in the wrong order.
If you get the error on a newly started tesplay, then please post a screenshot with all your plugins an their order.

Tazzyneo

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi! Thanks for your replys!

-This happens at the beginning of scripted battles. I have only scripted battles in my game.
-I checked my troops again, but nothing seems wrong.
-Instead of the area they're in, no. One is a Dragonbones battler, the second is an SV_Animated one and the last 2 are just images. So this has nothing to do with them directly.
-I'll try on a new save, havn't thought about that bc it occurs also in battle testing
-I use a lot of plugins. Yanfly's plugins are in the recommended order, but I also use SRD, Irina, Olivia, HIME and MOG. Here's my list:
1591291796708.png
1591291822470.png
Absorption Barrier and DragonBones only work well if they're placed there or bellow. (But the lower I place KELYEP_DB, the higher gets my loading time.)
1591291847428.png
And there are the ones I don't know where to place.
1591291879348.png
I'll try on a new savefile and edit this later. Thanks for your time! :)

Edit 1: I use "YEP_BaseTroopEvents" to force an action before every fight (but not just the ones where I get the error :/). But that might be useful to know.

Last edited:

HumanNinjaToo

The Cheerful Pessimist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Is that MOG weather the one that can add weather effects to the battle scene as well? Because I had issue with that at one point, it didn't work well with Yanfly plugins. I ended up switching to the VE battle weather plugin. Just a shot in the dark.

Tazzyneo

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Oh that's interesting! I got frame drops in the only battle where I use this and going for VE may fix it! I'll try this out! Thanks ^^

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

lunarrosecrow wrote on hiddenone's profile.
please don't lurk hiddenone I'm quarantining!!!
lunarrosecrow wrote on Edward.T's profile.
Hello Edward sorry to bother you and didn't start a conversation cause I thought i'd be a little weird or disrespectful but I was wondering do you still have your Generator resources you posted as the links on the page are dead?
Stream will be live shortly! It is my birthday, and thus I am doing an extended stream! I will be doing a variety of things. Among the activities I will be doing: Playing Oceanhorn: Monster of the Uncharted Seas, art, and some Text Adventure~ Feel free to drop by!
It would be cool if you could "copy as code" event commands :< .
Just managed to recover my Yahoo e-mail that i lost 3 months ago. Turns out an IP from U.S had hacked it and set the pass back to normal.. Like WTF ?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Reji