Cannot read property

Discussion in 'Javascript/Plugin Support' started by Tuomo L, Oct 28, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Tags:
  1. Tuomo L

Tuomo L Oldbie Veteran

First Language:
    Finnish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    When test running my game

[​IMG]

rpg_managers.js:1618 TypeError: Cannot read property 'actor' of undefined
        at Game_Follower.update (file:///E:/Enterbrain/MV/Project1/js/plugins/ActorStepAnim.js:28:35)
        at Game_Followers.<anonymous> (file:///E:/Enterbrain/MV/Project1/js/rpg_objects.js:8094:18)
        at Array.forEach (native)
        at Game_Followers.forEach (file:///E:/Enterbrain/MV/Project1/js/rpg_objects.js:8069:16)
        at Game_Followers.update (file:///E:/Enterbrain/MV/Project1/js/rpg_objects.js:8093:10)
        at Game_Player.update (file:///E:/Enterbrain/MV/Project1/js/rpg_objects.js:7644:21)
        at Game_Player.update (file:///E:/Enterbrain/MV/Project1/js/plugins/ActorStepAnim.js:21:25)
        at Scene_Map.updateMain (file:///E:/Enterbrain/MV/Project1/js/rpg_scenes.js:418:17)
        at Scene_Map.updateMainMultiply (file:///E:/Enterbrain/MV/Project1/js/rpg_scenes.js:409:10)
        at Scene_Map.update (file:///E:/Enterbrain/MV/Project1/js/rpg_scenes.js:398:10)

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 29, 2015
  2. Iavra

Iavra Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Please press F8 to open the console to see the whole stack trace. This picture won't help anybody.

Giullio likes this.
  3. Tuomo L

Tuomo L Oldbie Veteran

First Language:
    Finnish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    rpg_managers.js:1618 TypeError: Cannot read property 'actor' of undefined

at Game_Follower.update (file:///E:/Enterbrain/MV/Project1/js/plugins/ActorStepAnim.js:28:35)

at Game_Followers.<anonymous> (file:///E:/Enterbrain/MV/Project1/js/rpg_objects.js:8094:18)

at Array.forEach (native)

at Game_Followers.forEach (file:///E:/Enterbrain/MV/Project1/js/rpg_objects.js:8069:16)

at Game_Followers.update (file:///E:/Enterbrain/MV/Project1/js/rpg_objects.js:8093:10)

at Game_Player.update (file:///E:/Enterbrain/MV/Project1/js/rpg_objects.js:7644:21)

at Game_Player.update (file:///E:/Enterbrain/MV/Project1/js/plugins/ActorStepAnim.js:21:25)

at Scene_Map.updateMain (file:///E:/Enterbrain/MV/Project1/js/rpg_scenes.js:418:17)

at Scene_Map.updateMainMultiply (file:///E:/Enterbrain/MV/Project1/js/rpg_scenes.js:409:10)

at Scene_Map.update (file:///E:/Enterbrain/MV/Project1/js/rpg_scenes.js:398:10)

4. Shaz

Shaz Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Would you mind please zipping up your project and sending it to me?  A few people have posted this issue with this plugin and I haven't been able to reproduce it.

Does this happen immediately on launch, or do you have to play a certain way through it first?

I'd really like to hunt this down and fix it.

Moving to JS Plugin Support

5. Tuomo L

Tuomo L Oldbie Veteran

First Language:
    Finnish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    It happens at the very start of the game when starting it, it crashes as soon as selecting a new game. I will pm you the zip.

6. Andar

Andar Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    which is your default browser? That message usually happens if you try to open it with chrome, because chrome default settings block direct file access.

Please try to run the game with a different browser like firefox.

7. Tuomo L

Tuomo L Oldbie Veteran

First Language:
    Finnish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    What?

I am running the game on my desktop, I had no idea I can even test the game with a Firefox or such. :distrust:

8. Andar

Andar Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Open your project folder, and you'll see that the main file is an index.html

9. Tuomo L

Tuomo L Oldbie Veteran

First Language:
    Finnish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Ok? I test run the game using the maker but just opening that in browser doesn't change anything.

10. tonytechno

tonytechno Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    I just had this same problem, i fixed it by turning off the ActorStepAnim Plugin, one of your plugins is conflicting with that plugin giving you that error. If you're using the ActorStepAnim Plugin that is.

11. Shaz

Shaz Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    There was a bug in the ActorStepAnim plugin. It was resolved several days ago and a new version uploaded. I've already let the OP know via PM.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.