Cannot remove dead followers without error message (Falcao RTB script)

Discussion in 'RGSSx Script Support' started by gsuk, Nov 12, 2019.

1. gsuk

gsuk Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Hi all. I've searched everywhere and can't seem to find anyone with a similar issue.

I'm using Falcao's RTB script (https://falcaorgss.wordpress.com/category/pearl-abs-liquid/) and when my companion dies, the dead pose remains and follows me from screen to screen, and when I add a common event that says "If companion dead, remove party member), I get an error on line 803 of the Pearl Sprites part of the script (it doesn't seem to like having to remove the deadpose when I remove a party member). This only happens when removing a DEAD follower - it happily allows me to change party members in other ways when they are alive.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

2. Shaz

Shaz Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Uh ... what does the error message say?

3. Rodak

Rodak Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Math
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    This may be too simple an approach, but have you considered modifying your dead pose to be an animation where the last frame is transparent?

That way they don't have to be removed, but it will look that way to the player (and that is all that really matters, right?).

I know this may take them out of sight if they die in battle, but there should be a way to make a different animation for battles and maps when dead. I haven't gotten too far with this program, but I have had to settle for making things look like what I wanted done many times when I could not figure out how to make it really do what I want!