Can't boot game or try battles?

Fanet

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
Hello, Im working on a game in 2k3 and everything is working alright, up until this morning when i opened the program to try one of the battles. when the game opens it sends me to a screen looking like the picture posted with this. I can not leave this page, or figure out how to disable it from popping up. The same happens when launching the game normally too. does anyone know how to fix this?
syra help.png

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
That looks like one of the ingame debug screens that are available during playtest to check the values of switches and variables.
Those usually open on some of the F#-keys (don't know which one at the moment), so if the game automatically sends you there as soon as playtest starts, best guess is that something caused your keyboard to send the signal as if that key is permanently pressed.

Fanet

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
That looks like one of the ingame debug screens that are available during playtest to check the values of switches and variables.
Those usually open on some of the F#-keys (don't know which one at the moment), so if the game automatically sends you there as soon as playtest starts, best guess is that something caused your keyboard to send the signal as if that key is permanently pressed.
Ah I see. I tried pressing some of the F# keys and at some point it dissapeared, now the screen doesnt show up when i boot the game. Thank you very much for the info!

JosephSeraph

White Mage
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Just adding in that the relevant key is F9, and this is a tool for manipulating switches and variables which you might be interested in using for debugging purposes. This applies to every rpg maker version (maybe not MV?)
Additionally, holding Control while playing from the editor allows you to ignore collision~

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Quon is watching you
Quon blessed your good efforts
I have tried, several times to understand how Markiplier is popular. You can't deny his popularity. I can only get through a few minutes of his vids, though. He's cringier than ANY cringe comp I've ever watched. When I was a kid, if you acted like that, 0 friends and 100% no dates for you. Times have changed XD
Sometimes you may feel helpless and defeated. But everyone loses from time to time. It's okay to be tired. Take a breather. Have a good cry if you need to. You gotta take breaks from your workout, or you'll collapse before you can get stronger.
So, my roommates wrote a news article in English, translated it into Bengali with google translate and now I'm helping them fix the monstrosity which was the result. Making English the medium of education is fine... but not to an extent that we forget how to write properly in our own language :")
Stream will be live shortly with some more Minecraft spriting! Feel free to drop by~

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stunner345