Can't Delete This, What Is It And How To Delete?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RetroActive

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Editing a premade map to learn but I have a block I can't delete. How do I delete this? Thanks!delete.jpg

Soulrender

Jack Of All Trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Poland
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Switch to event with this button and then try delete

If this don't work, then it means ID of event was changed with some text editor. Therefore you need to open that map with text editor (recommended Notepad++), find mismatching ID, and change it value to something low (any number between 1 - 10), reopen project and then try to remove.

ScorchedGround

Blizzards most disappointed fan (More than ever)
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
That's not a map-tile, but an event. The event just has the graphic of a door.

You'll have to change from "map-editing mode" to "event-editing mode" to delete it.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I think you should follow the build-in tutorials to learn the basics of maps and events before you continue.
because if you can't see the difference or don't even understand what an event is, then most likely you are missing a lot of the other things about the maker as well.

There are simply too many options in the makers to learn them by doing, you'll need a guide to get the basics. You can also follow the link to the starting point in my signature to get those.

Johnny_Ray

Also known as Toby Yasha
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
As Andar said, here you go in case you want to check out the tutorial
Screenshot_32.png
There's also "Contents" which also gives some information that may help with stuff.

RetroActive

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Thanks everyone, yep it was an event. And I have worked my way through the first five tutorials.

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This question should go into the support forum for whatever engine you're using, but you haven't said, and you don't have it on your profile.

What engine are you using?
Please update your profile to say what engine you're using.

slimmmeiske2

Little Red Riding Hood
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMXP
Okay, I've moved it to MZ Support then.
Since your question has been answered, I'll go ahead and close this thread. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

It does sometimes get a little embarrassing that I often come here to ask for help with something and seldom have anything to actually show for it. If there is one thing though I can commend myself for, it's for sticking with an idea I've been tinkering with for this long now and gradually making headways. Even though I've been reserved about my progress, I can say I'm farther now than where I initially started.
I'm gonna put my project on pause for a tiny bit so I can explore the engine outside of it... Winging it can only get you so far LMFAO
Have seen some of my favorite people here posting and helping others with questions today -- love to see it!
Haven't been on here actively in awhile, project is going strong my biggest issue is the STORY, i'm refining the plot and learning so much i decided to take a writers class to improve even more but the programming and functionality of the game is stepping up nicely!
Hi everyone! Here's what I'm working on today! It's one of the dorms on campus. I know I said I wouldn't use assets but I reused a few things from the cafeteria hehe.
FCuxBOMXMAICK5e

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anrirck