Can't figure out how to make an NPC disappear after a certain conditional branch

karinthefox

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello everyone! I can't, for the life of me, figure out how to do this :LZSsad: Would really appreciate the help.

I have a certain quest where the main character needs to talk to two characters: Jack and Vica. After she talks to them both, another event will activate and the story will continue. This quest has two variants since players can talk to Jack first and Vica later and viceversa. When players talk to Jack first and leave Vica for last, everything works perfectly. The problem arises when it's the other way around... Vica needs to be blocking a certain door when you talk to her, and you can talk to her again for one more line of dialogue. However, when the "talking quest" is done she needs to disappear because the main character will need to go through that door she was previously blocking.

I made a self-switch A for case 1 (when you talk to Vica last). This one works perfectly. If you talk to her first, though, there's a self-switch B and an extra line of dialogue. The problem is that, after that, the main will need to talk to Jack and then the new event will activate, but I can't figure out how to make Vica disappear. In theory... I should make self-switch C but I already tried that and it's not working. When I make self-switch C in a new page, Vica only disappears if I talk to her.

I'm sorry if my way of explaining my problem is a bit confusing. I'm attaching some screenshots of what I did.

Attachments

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
highest page number = highest priority.
if several pages are active, only the one with the highest priority will be used.

you need to disable pages that are no longer needed by turning off the switches depending on which page you want to see.

karinthefox

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
highest page number = highest priority.
if several pages are active, only the one with the highest priority will be used.

you need to disable pages that are no longer needed by turning off the switches depending on which page you want to see.
I understand the logic of it but I'm finding it very difficult knowing how to implement it. With the else branch I created in page one, it will go to page 3 where self-switch B is turned on. But how do I do to turn it off at the right time and make Vica disappear? I tried making a conditional branch to turn it off when the protagonist talks to Jack but it still won't work and I'm at a loss at how to do it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Stress testing my latest version of the game with my new madness engine. :LZSexcite:

Hello, where can I find the list of all watched threads? I've been using the Watch function to save the Threads I want to keep but I don't find the list anywhere....

New card design, thanks to all my free time quarantined. (Hope that's not too big of an image XD )
What do you do when you're your family's resident computer 'expert'...but you are anything but a computer expert?
I wanna be the very best, like no one ever was. To make a game is my real test. To play it is my cause.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fuzen