mikey1393drago

Dragon Fanatic
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Hey guys. I haven't been on this forum for a really long time, and recently I went back to my RPGMaker VX Ace game project. It is an event transfer, that I can't seem to figure out how to activate automatically. Every thing I tried, the event just didn't work how I wanted it. It works with the action button, but that is not what I am hoping for. It looks silly and wrong when you have to hit the action button, when clearly you are in the water after the transfer from the linked map.

The problem. The event transfer is what I have as a raft, that I want to activate upon returning to the prior map I made the event on, but I have yet to figure out how it is done. It's a lake I made, and I'd need a transfer event for every tile on the water, which means an event transfer for every single one of those transfer events, and I don't even know where to begin with variables. I still don't understand variables. I tried using a Switch, but my brain just goes caput when trying to code the Switch so it works. I remember asking about variables before, but then I remade that event recently without variables, and it works the exact same way.

My idea is, as you exit the linked map[transfer event], the raft is there ready[event transfer] for the player to control again, like the raft is the same raft from the linked map, at either one of the coordinates of the lake wherever the player is transferred from the linked map.

Anyone able to shed some light on this matter please? It's really frustrating me. I also tried searching for answers to this, with similar threads, but none of those were helping me. A lot explained the use of variables which I just can't understand unless it is literally written for dummies. Below are the screenshots for you.RPGMaker problem screenshot 1.pngRPGMaker problem screenshot 2.pngRPGMaker problem screenshot 3.pngRPGMaker problem screenshot 4.pngRPGMaker problem screenshot 5.png

Attachments

Last edited:

Milennin

"With a bang and a boom!"
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
What I'd suggest is you follow some switch and variable tutorials, because they're some of the key mechanics you need to understand if you want to work on events like these. It'll be far more helpful knowing how to use them than to copy and paste event commands someone might post here. It takes some practicising, but once you get it, it'll be easy and lets you get a ton of stuff done.
There should be plenty of tutorials for switches and variables, on the forums or on like Youtube.

mikey1393drago

Dragon Fanatic
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Yes. I understand typical Switches fine, it's just the variables that I struggle with. Thanks Milennin. But annoyingly. After I post my problem in here, I then try out an autorun on the second event page of my transfer event, and guess what. It works how I want it, and now it may be pointless keeping this thread open. I am certain my problem was not using an autorun in the second event page. I am going to copy the event for every tile of the lake now, after I copy it once and test that it does the exact same thing.

Never mind. I've now got to figure out how to stop the autorun event from happening when I transfer to a different tile. I tested, and the autorun happens on the first tile that activated it, not on a different tile. Oops.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I was at another orientation yesterday and I realized I'll be working with an old friend! We met at the local water park a few years back and it was so nice to see her again! We had a chat, and next week when I officially start, I'll see if maybe we can trade our Zoom IDs so we can talk!
I made some sideview closets for MV!
You can find them in my MV resource thread.
People1.png & SF_People1.png added!!!!

Adventurer:
"Why your body looks like a bird?"

Stranger:
"Because I'm harpy"

Adventurer:
"Clap along if you feel like a room without a roof"

*Both dancing to Pharrell Williams song*

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member