RocketStone

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello Community,

I have been searching for quite a while and can't find what I need. Galvs weapon proficiency seems close but I don't know how to mix it with Yan's Equip Requirements.

See what I want is a system where the use of a certain type of weapon is based on your level, your stats and your ability to use a weapon for example: let's take a Mythril Sword for level 40 and a Silver Sword for level 20 and let's say the character is level 40. See the character can use the weapon based on level but the level 40 weapon also requires a sword skill of 30 and the character only has 20 skill so he cannot use that sword but the level 30 sword only requires 15 sword skill so he can use that sword.

Thank you for your time.

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
'General Discussion' is for looking at broad themes as they affect the making of games. "How do I...?" (implementation) questions belong in the appropriate Support forum for the engine you are using.

This might be able to be done using the database, so I shall move it to RPGMaker MV Support. However, if it turns out that it requires the use of plugins, it will have to be moved again to JS Plugin Requests. We'll have to see what solutions people come up with.

[mod]Moving[/mod]

RocketStone

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
'General Discussion' is for looking at broad themes as they affect the making of games. "How do I...?" (implementation) questions belong in the appropriate Support forum for the engine you are using.

This might be able to be done using the database, so I shall move it to RPGMaker MV Support. However, if it turns out that it requires the use of plugins, it will have to be moved again to JS Plugin Requests. We'll have to see what solutions people come up with.

[mod]Moving[/mod]

Thank you, I didn't know where to place it since it wasn't a direct problem with the engine and I am not really requesting someone to make something.

Coopziana

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
While this is in the wrong forum. You might want to take a look at Bobs advanced restrictions plugin. You might be able to do what you need with that!

Zarsla

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Using Galv's Weapon Profiency and Yanfly Equip Requirements:

Use this notetags from Yanfly Equip Requirements:
<Custom Equip Requirement Condition>
condition = (user.level >= y)&&(user.getWProf(a)>= x);
</Custom Equip Requirement Condition>
Where "y" is the lowest level the user can be and equip the weapon. And "x" is the lowest weapon profiency that person can be. And "a" is the weapon type number, (ie unarmed or sword or spear or etc.)

<Custom Equip Requirement Text>
text = "";
text += user.name() + ‘ level needs to be y or higher\n’;
text += 'And their weapon profiency in w needs to be x or higher.’
</Custom Equip Requirement Text>
Where "y" is the lowest level the user can be and equip the weapon. And "x" is the lowest weapon profiency that person can be. And "w" is the weapon type number, (ie unarmed or sword or spear or etc.)

Also remember that galv's weapon profiency is based on the weapon type not individual weapon, so if you want where each weapon has it's own weapon profiency each weapon is going to need it's own weapon type.

Oh and the notetags above go into the weapon notetag box. Also make sure you have Core Engine & Equip Core as well.

RocketStone

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Using Galv's Weapon Profiency and Yanfly Equip Requirements:

Use this notetags from Yanfly Equip Requirements:
<Custom Equip Requirement Condition>
condition = (user.level >= y)&&(user.getWProf(a)>= x);
</Custom Equip Requirement Condition>
Where "y" is the lowest level the user can be and equip the weapon. And "x" is the lowest weapon profiency that person can be. And "a" is the weapon type number, (ie unarmed or sword or spear or etc.)

<Custom Equip Requirement Text>
text = "";
text += user.name() + ‘ level needs to be y or higher\n’;
text += 'And their weapon profiency in w needs to be x or higher.’
</Custom Equip Requirement Text>
Where "y" is the lowest level the user can be and equip the weapon. And "x" is the lowest weapon profiency that person can be. And "w" is the weapon type number, (ie unarmed or sword or spear or etc.)

Also remember that galv's weapon profiency is based on the weapon type not individual weapon, so if you want where each weapon has it's own weapon profiency each weapon is going to need it's own weapon type.

Oh and the notetags above go into the weapon notetag box. Also make sure you have Core Engine & Equip Core as well.

Thank you very much for this, I'm going to test it out right now and let you know if this is what I wasn looking for.

Edit: This Was exactly what I needed to achieve, thank you so very much Zarsla.

P.S. I also understand lunatic mode from Yanfly a lot better (I am a noob to javascript).

Last edited:

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

SA51K_SHADER_IDLE.gifZombie is not the only thing people turned into in this town. There is also something else here. Something has many different names in history, the plague, the black oil, the purity, the filth. And now, it's called the shade.
(Maybe too much X-File reference. :kaojoy:)
Thanks, google for putting together a random pixel art Olympics game in your logo that puts everything I've ever done to shame in pretty much every aspect. ;)
Chizuru
chizuru.png

anyway, i just recovered from Covid.
Work's been delayed for a month but now i'm back drawing again.
Ah yes i learned how to make name boxes Im now profeshonal
The snowy mountains in my game are finally done... what a crazy journey.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ohzaru