Ravos9988

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So, I've spent the last two hours browsing the forum and YT looking for a tut on how to use the resource manager, or how to import tile sets, generator parts, etc., into the editor so I can use them. I have a folder on my desktop full of the freebies and community freebies stuffs, and I have no clue how to add them to be used. Any help is much appreciated, even if its just a video.

noajb

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
upload_2019-7-17_13-8-8.png

I rather just place the files right into the project folder. To reach your project's folder, click "Game" then "Open Folder". Then place your files in the appropriate folders.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
the question is if you have complete tilesheets or only tile pictures because that might make an additional step neccessary.

1) if you have single tiles only, you need to use an image program like GIMP or Photoshop to combine them into tilesheets.
There are six different tilesheet formats, all explained in the help file of the program/editor

2) if you have tilesheets, then you import them by resource manager into the folder for tilesets.
you can also simply copy them with windows, because the resource manage does the same - the manager just helps you by pointing to the correct folder

3) After importing the tilesheets, you need to go to the database to create tilesets out of the tilesheets.
This is where the different formats mentioned under 1 become important: each format is for a specific slot of the tilesets and can't be used in a different slot (B to E are identical, A1 to A5 are completely different)

If you want better help you need to tell us what your problem is and why you can't do those steps

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

Please give your topics a meaningful title, one which gives an indication of the type of query you have. Queries such as "Help plz!" or "I have a problem" or "Newcomer, & I'm stuck" does not provide enough information. It's quite possible that people will just skip by it in the New Posts/New Threads thinking that's what it is. It also means that if anyone in the future has the same sort of query, they will be unable to find this and (hopefully) the solution.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Crazy week. My anxiety decides to go nutz. Worse thing about it is that it causes me to lose focus on my work. I was able to leave early one day and take a nap. Seemed to help. How is everyone? Boosters coming soon here. Get my life back on track again.
Finally got my new Discord Server up & Running! I'm still improving it as much as I can, & I'm open for any Suggestions!
I've been busy trying out different art styles for my game.

Enemies deserve some spotlight also
hackingCompressed.gif
I think I can make a text-based mini-game with almost zero art assets and with code only...just a lot of code as assets all by themselves. :kaojoy:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cecill