Balendra

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
so its a plugin that basicallt lets you play like a elemental version of rock paper scissors but to get the minigame to work you need to run it through a plugin command and on the second screenshot it does not show up
f.pngimage_2022-08-12_185335924.png

Sword_of_Dusk

Ace Attorney
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Are you trying to use one of the three ways to utilize MV plugin commands that were given in the FOSSIL thread?

Arthran

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
MV plugin commands are input completely differently than MZ plugin commands. You can't just select the command from a list in MV, you have to type a line of text that serves as the command and arguments. Since MZ doesn't give you a place to type that line of text, you've gotta go through FOSSIL.

If you're going to be using FOSSIL, I strongly suggest that you actually read the instructions that the author was kind enough to include when he/she posted the plugin, as it will answer some other potential questions for you too.

But to answer this particular question, I'll mentioned that you can select FOSSIL in the plugin command list, and then use the plugin command called OldPluginCommand, and then type in the MV plugin command in the provided input box. Alternatively, you can use this script call:

JavaScript:
oldCommand('your old plugin command')

Balendra

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
MV plugin commands are input completely differently than MZ plugin commands. You can't just select the command from a list in MV, you have to type a line of text that serves as the command and arguments. Since MZ doesn't give you a place to type that line of text, you've gotta go through FOSSIL.

If you're going to be using FOSSIL, I strongly suggest that you actually read the instructions that the author was kind enough to include when he/she posted the plugin, as it will answer some other potential questions for you too.

But to answer this particular question, I'll mentioned that you can select FOSSIL in the plugin command list, and then use the plugin command called OldPluginCommand, and then type in the MV plugin command in the provided input box. Alternatively, you can use this script call:

JavaScript:
oldCommand('your old plugin command')
Are you trying to use one of the three ways to utilize MV plugin commands that were given in the FOSSIL thread?
Yeah i got it to work but now this happens when trying to use scripts related to the plugin when you
try customize the games amount of rounds and elements you choose dont actually change
image_2022-08-12_195156858.png

Sword_of_Dusk

Ace Attorney
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Balendra I notice you have an extra space in the script call to bring up the minigame scene. There should be no space between SceneManager and .push.

Aside from that, which may or may not be an issue, what exactly happens when you go through this event chain? Are you able to input numbers at all?

Balendra

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Ye i can input how many rounds and elements i want but when actually playing it none of the changes take effect

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
have you tried using all commands in a single script box?

the script command is sandboxed, and any local data is deleted when a script box is closed. so if you have four script commands that means four different sandboxes with different local variables.

Arthran

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
You have a problem in all of your script calls. JavaScript is case sensitive, meaning that capitalization matters. It needs to be $gameVariables.value -- not $gameVariables.Value. And then there is the issue that Sword_of_Dusk mentioned, where you have an extra space in SceneManager.push. The errors are preventing the script calls from getting evaluated, which is why you aren't seeing the changes take effect.

And while it's not technically causing any problems, you also have an empty script call, which simply makes no sense and serves no purpose. Based on how many basic syntax errors you made, I would also recommend that you double check and make sure that you spelled/capitalized everything else correctly too. At some points, you typed WuxingMg, and then at another point, you typed WuxingMG. Maybe it's supposed to be that way, and the author of the plugin was just inconsistent with his/her naming, but I would recommend that you just double check to be sure.

Sword_of_Dusk

Ace Attorney
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Arthran I always forget about the case sensitivity when looking at stuff on the forums. Gotta remember to take note of that when I'm helping others.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

DamageEvil_2.png added!
index.php

Important update for Leafko!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thesailing