Notchella

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I've been adding in skill books for the player to learn new skills which was working fine at first, but now it won't let the player learn any new skills. I thought it was maybe because the skills I made were custom, but now the player can't learn any new skills at all whether they're custom skills or not.
What am I doing wrong? It's not working whether the skill is a special or magic, and I really need this feature to work for a big part of my game. It will let you learn it from a skill book, but then the skill will not appear regardless of if you're the correct level.

Attachments

• 2.png
    2.png
    306.7 KB · Views: 9
  • 3.png
    3.png
    304.5 KB · Views: 9
  • Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    248.7 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:

coucassi

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You need to give the Class the Skill Type as a trait, just as you did with the Armor and Jewelry.

Notchella

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
You need to give the Class the Skill Type as a trait, just as you did with the Armor and Jewelry.
Do you mean that in the traits tab I insert Add Skill? If so will this add the skill by default at the start of the game? Sorry, still new to all this.

coucassi

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
No problem^^
And no, if you insert Add Skill the skill will be added from the start.
But every Skill has a certain "Skill Type". For example your Cure Ailment Skill has the Skill Type "Special". So you need to give your actor the trait "Add Skill Type" and choose "Special".
Otherwise the skill will not show up.
Hope this makes it more clear : )

rpgLord69

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Do you mean that in the traits tab I insert Add Skill? If so will this add the skill by default at the start of the game? Sorry, still new to all this.

EDIT: Ninja'd

I think they meant that double click the traits section, choose skills tab, choose 'Add skill type', select either magic or special. Then the class can use magic or special skills.

Notchella

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
No problem^^
And no, if you insert Add Skill the skill will be added from the start.
But every Skill has a certain "Skill Type". For example your Cure Ailment Skill has the Skill Type "Special". So you need to give your actor the trait "Add Skill Type" and choose "Special".
Otherwise the skill will not show up.
Hope this makes it more clear : )
It worked! Thank you so much :)

Notchella

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
EDIT: Ninja'd

I think they meant that double click the traits section, choose skills tab, choose 'Add skill type', select either magic or special. Then the class can use magic or special skills.
It's all working now, thank you! :)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Why the heck do I keep comparing my games to ones made by huge companies? I'd love them to have that level of polish but I'm simply not good enough.
Hell of a day at the London Games Market! :D

1656892272017.png

Check out my haul!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UnderscoreBackspace