Can't move after autorun event

Discussion in 'RPG Maker VX Ace' started by WallSpinJumpMan, May 21, 2019.

1. WallSpinJumpMan

WallSpinJumpMan Villager Member

First Language:
    French
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    So I've been making an event where the protagonist fights an enemy twice, before having a transition back to a safe space. However, he can't move afterwards. The character won't even turn to the sides, though I can open the menu.

Is there a reason for that?

2. Ebanyle

Ebanyle Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Portuguese
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    In what way is your event set up? Auto-run won't allow your character to move or you to open up any window. After the scene is finished, you need to eliminate that Auto-run someway. Usually you can do that by activating a Self Switch and then setting a blank page that needs said Self Switch to be activated to run.

upload_2019-5-20_16-43-21.png
    upload_2019-5-20_16-43-28.png

3. WallSpinJumpMan

First Language:
    French
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    I did that, the only problem is that teleportation happens in the same event, except right after the self-switch. I don't know why I have access to the Menu without being able to move, but it seems not normal from what you're saying.

4. Kes

Kes Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Please give us a screen shot of your event. Do not crop it, as we need the information on the side, not just the commands. If there is more than one page, we need to see them all.
    Please take your screen shot using Alt + PrtSc so that only the active window is included.
    Thanks.

5. WallSpinJumpMan

First Language:
    French
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Should I send the game itself since the events are long?

6. Kes

Kes Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    We are used to seeing long events. Most people are reluctant to download a game unless all else has failed. I know that I won't. If the first part of your event is a whole batch of pre-battle dialogue then we don't need to see that.

7. WallSpinJumpMan

First Language:
    French
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Is that good?

Attached Files:

8. Ebanyle

Ebanyle Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Portuguese
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    You're activating local switch A, but the blank page is set to be run when local switch C is activated.

9. WallSpinJumpMan

First Language:
    French
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Oh. It's because I fused two events in one, I think. The C should be higher up. Yeah, it's higher up.

10. Shaz

Shaz Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    If you can't move once you get to the new map, then it's an event on the new map that's causing the problem, not a part of your cutscene.

Check what events are on the new map (or what common events, or what plugins) use switch 23 or 25.

Self Switch C is also being activated higher up in the event.

This is not always a good idea, as switching to a new page of the same event can sometimes cause the rest of the commands on that page to not run. But if you're being transferred, which is the last command, it's probably not going to cause an issue in this case. Why are you even using self switch A? It's not used anywhere on the pages you've provided.

Ebanyle likes this.
  11. Roninator2

Roninator2 Gamer Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    That tells me that you have a passibility issue with the tileset for that map.
    Make sure the 'B' tile for that tileset has a 'star' on the first tile (top left)

12. Shaz

Shaz Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    If it was just that, the character would be able to turn, but they can't turn either, which indicates an autorun.

OP, how are you accessing menus? Is it just the Escape key via the standard logic, or do you have a parallel process somewhere that's monitoring for a key press?

It's common for the character to not be able to move, but to be able to turn, and to activate the menus, and in that case it's usually a tileset passage setting.
    It's also common for the character to not be able to move OR turn, and to NOT be able to activate the menus, and in that case it's usually an autorun issue.

I've never seen the situation before where the character can't move or turn, but you can still access the menus. Which is why I wonder if you have some other system set up to call the menus.

13. Roninator2

Roninator2 Gamer Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Missed that part.
    same for me. I had a situation once where I could not see the map but was able to access the menu, that was caused by a script incompatibility.

14. WallSpinJumpMan

First Language:
    French
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    I only put one script early in the game, where playing piano makes you wait a few seconds for the song to finish before moving again, except that's it. I've no parrallel process on, so wherever I telelport, only the menu is accessable.

15. Shaz

Shaz Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    After the character moves, do you have any event that does a Set Move Route on the player which is flagged as "wait for completion"?

If you make the player do a move route with that flag, and they can't move to the next tile because it's impassable, that would cause the freezing you see (can't turn, can't move). Not sure if you'd be able to access the menu though.

Can you just put your PC onto that last map, in the spot you'd normally transfer to, and play, and see if you can move around freely?

16. WallSpinJumpMan

First Language:
    French
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Whatever the map he gets teleported to, it's just impossible. Even a map with only a map changing event, exactly like those from quick events.

17. Shaz

Shaz Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Are you replying to me? Because what you said doesn't answer any of the questions I asked.

18. WallSpinJumpMan

First Language:
    French
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    I did check, and as the character gets put on that map, there's only a dialogue, before being "able to move". And again, I can put the PC in any map I want, the result is the same.

19. Andar

Andar Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Shaz was asking you to put the starting position of the player on the map and then try to move in a new game, not transfering the player to that map.

If you start a new game on a map, then only map events on that map can effect it.

20. mlogan

mlogan Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Did I miss what you have on page 1 of this event?