Not open for further replies.

ChrisAnderson

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hello all,

I'm having a very serious and very annoying issue with my save games in a game I'm building. For some reason, a few minutes ago, when I tried to load a save file, it worked, but I was unable to move, turn, or open the menu. The background music still played. I tested my other save files and found that this was the case with all of them. I have no autorun or parallel process events in any of the rooms I was in in those saves. I was able to fix this issue when I started a new game, but I'm concerned that this will happen again. Please, help me out here.

I have searched everywhere and phrased my question in every single way that I could possibly imagine and found NO results or helpful information. I need to know what caused this and why it happened, because I'm concerned that it'll happen again. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance.

UPDATE: It turns out starting a new game didn't actually solve the issue; I tried that, and right after I tried using an object, the game froze and the exact same problems I had in my older saves resurfaced. So, I just decided to assume there was some kind of script corruption, and a reloaded an older version of the game. Thanks to all who tried to help out here; I am a little ticked that I couldn't figure out what caused this problem.

Last edited by a moderator:

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
First, the question is if you can turn or not, even if you can't move.

If the player turns up/down when trying to move up/down, but doesn't move, then there is a problem with passability. Most often this happens if you forgot to place a star as passability of the first B tile.

If you cannot turn, then something blocks commands completely - usually an autorun, even if you believe you already checked everything. It's usually a forgotten autorun or rarely a buggy script.

If it doesn't happen on a new game but does happen on a savegame, then the cause is often that you just added a script that needs new game to function - there are a lot of scripts that invalidate older saves if added after the saves were made.

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
He can't turn. This means there IS either an autorun event somewhere, or you've made a script mod and that's causing it.

I'd go with the autorun event. In fact if it happens in many different rooms, I'd be looking at a COMMON EVENT set to autorun. Even if you have one with no commands (ESPECIALLY if you have one with no commands, as while you can't move, it sounds like there's nothing else happening).

ChrisAnderson

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hey all, I've figured out what was going on. I think it was some kind of corruption issue; I tried this in a room with no events at all and it still happened. Fixed it by loading an older version of the project and working with that. Thanks for the help, though.

Last edited by a moderator:

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Tired of just doing mobile. Now you can Play the game in ur Browser! https://bigmala-productions.itch.io/rpg-forever
I managed to fix my car at last... :biggrin:

I'm proud of what I have achieved with my project. Don't mind with the Spanish, Ill add more languages.
Im currently looking at the RPG MAKER Steam page, and i found out the Rpg maker mz requires bit 64 pc, i only have bit 32 pc ;-;, i am really using an ancient pc.. XD

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gillfigno