Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Danish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi, maybe you guys can help.

I was playing around with making max items and now my actor won't move or turn as I press the arrow keys.

I have tried on every map and I can't move in anyone of them. I have looked through it all and I can't see what they issue should be. I had just created a common event which I have tried to delete in case that would be the problem but it didn't work.

Poryg

Dark Lord of the Castle of Javascreeps
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Czech
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It looks like you have an Autostart event active. Maybe common event if it's on all maps.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
can you turn, or neither turn nor move?

if you can turn but not move it is a problem with passability on your tilesets.
if you can neither then its's an active autorun - for example if one of your common events is set to autorun and the switch that controls it is already set to on.

Kristina

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Danish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Poryg - I do have autorun events, but haven't changed in them. I have also double checked them and they look fine. I only have on common event active as I deleted the other one and it's not set on autorun.

Andar - I can't turn and walk. I have looked around and while I do have autorun events, I don't have them on all maps and I see on problems with them. They worked fine before and I haven't changed them.
Don't have any common events that's on auto run. The one I made and then deleted was on parallel, then I just got one common event which is set to none.

EDIT: I found the issue, it was Yanfly's Item Core plugin. I turned it off and now I can move. So I won't be using that one.

shockra

Slightly Crazy Programmer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Are you certain that plugin is in the right spot? Weird things can happen when plugins are in a bad order. Yanfly has a recommended order for his plugins, so it may be worth checking to see if yours are set out of order.

ShadowDragon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Also, if you make a typo, there can be issue's, in that case, press F8 and check the console log of it.
so you can narrow down the issue as well to know what went wrong :)

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I found the issue, it was Yanfly's Item Core plugin. I turned it off and now I can move. So I won't be using that one.
wrong - the plugin in itself can't cause this - it can only be caused by an active autorun.

however there is a very high likelyhood that this is exactly what happened:
you forgot to configure the plugin when you added it, and that caused a wrong switch to be turned and that switch then started the autorun that blocked your movement.
That is why everyone always tells all people to never add a plugin as-is but always configure it. A lot of plugins are programmed to have their functions controlled by variables and switches, and those require default numbers.
However if those variables and switches are already used for something else, that will cause problems for both the plugin and that "something else". And that is why you always have to check all plugin configurations if they are configured to only use switches that have not been used and to reserve those switches for them, making sure that you don't use them for something else.

Or you forgot to start a new game after adding the plugin. 80% pf all plugins cause savefiles to become incompatible if the plugin is added or removed.

Kristina

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Danish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Shockra - Yeah, I know that Yanfly's plugins need to be in a specific order. Just checked and it seems to be in the correct place.

ShadowDragon - I will try that, thanks!

Andar - There wasn't any autorun that could cause it. When I turn the plugin on I can't move or turn, when I turn it off I can. I have looked through the plugin and I really can't see what should cause it. I haven't used anything from the plugin, like plugin commands.
I did start new game, which didn't help either. So I got no idea what's wrong. Only thing I do know is that I can walk if the plugin is turned off. I will to look through it again and see if I can find the cause...if not, then I will survive without the plugin.

boikish

Always trying to help :)
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I actually had the same issue with Yanfly Item Core, but I don't remember exactly why, as it was a while ago.

I'll check one of my old backups and see if I can recreate the issue.

Kristina

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Danish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I haven't found the issue yet...can't see why there should be any problems.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I haven't found the issue yet...can't see why there should be any problems.
post a screenshot of your plugin manager with all plugins there
open your project's core_rpg.js file with a text editor and tell us the number at the end of its title line (second line). no number means 1.0

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

This forum is a great source of procrastination for me.
Today I read "The mouth speaks what the heart is full of." Simple, and reminds me I have a ton of work to do.
Why are cats so darn cute when their tongues are sticking out? If I did that, it wouldn't have the same effect.
The joy when you see a notification, the down when it's just a unnecessary quote of one of your posts again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mybriguy