MysteryMan23

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So, I want to play RPG Maker 2000/2003 games. Only problem is, whenever I try to do so. Either I get a white rectangle in the corner of the screen, or if I try to play a 2003 game without compatibility on, I get a DDERR error. What's going on here, and how do I fix it?

Dev_With_Coffee

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
PT-BR
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
Hello!
I found other topics with the same question and already solved.
Most say it is a problem of incompatibility with modern video cards.

A similar error can happen with some audio cards.

I may not be entirely correct, but I wrote a topic about it a few years ago, but I need to translate it into English.

Good luck

Cherry

RM2k(3) Developer (English Version)
Developer
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
Does it work if you start the game in windowed mode? You can do so by creating a shortcut to the RPG_RT.exe file and adding the arguments NormalPlay ShowTitle Window.

MysteryMan23

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Update: It seems I'm suddenly able to play RPG Maker 2003 games again. I do not know why. In any case, this situation is resolved for now. However, I'm not certain things will stay this way. Any insights?

Last edited:

MysteryMan23

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Accidental double post. I forgot if there's a way to delete these on your own, or if a mod needs to do it. Sorry. :oops:

Last edited:

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

For a long time I always consider XP soundtracks as the best one.
Just listened to some of MZ tracks from the free version.
It's... Quite mindblowing. xD
Only listened to the battles, towns, and fields.
But I'm sure the rest are equally good. :D
What do you guys want to see for the new Jump into Javascript? A continuation of the rpg_objects, or would you prefer a "lesson 0" where I go back to the absolute basics of Javascript and cover the fundamentals of the language and its construction?
Hey RPG members!!

How do you finish projects? Some new game developers start off strong but end up losing momentum. What keeps you motivated while working on new projects?
Feeling wee sleepy.. ZzzZ
So many threads to move to the right place. My post count is awesome, but 95% of it is due to moving things.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kenjum