GoodSelf

Zhu Li! Do the thing!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey everyone, I'm using larger sprites than the ones that come default with MV, and I've run into the issue that when loading a game, the sprites cover the text of the save file.
I would simply use another save plugin, but I'm not using facesets for my game, and there is not much information I want to display, so a lot of these fancy save plugins wont work.

Anyone know how to move the text that appears on the save file? Or maybe someone can point me to a save plugin that would be compatible with larger sprites (And not look bad when using no facesets)?

I can upload a picture later of what it looks like, as I am not at my computer at the moment.
Thanks!

Kes

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Which would you prefer

- moving the text, in which case this can stay here,

or

- finding a save plugin, in which case this will have to move to plugin requests.

By 'the text' do you just mean the name of the game which appears above the sprites in the default save?  Visually and logically, there is a case for moving the sprites to the right rather than the name. Perhaps a screenie of a mockup of exactly what you would like would be helpful.

GoodSelf

Zhu Li! Do the thing!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Which would you prefer

- moving the text, in which case this can stay here,

or

- finding a save plugin, in which case this will have to move to plugin requests.

By 'the text' do you just mean the name of the game which appears above the sprites in the default save?  Visually and logically, there is a case for moving the sprites to the right rather than the name. Perhaps a screenie of a mockup of exactly what you would like would be helpful.
 I would prefer the sprites to be moved to the right. i'm still not at a computer, so I can't send a mock up picture yet.

Thinking about this I could use HimeWorks Save Title plugin, and just put a bunch of spaces before the title until the text is on the right-hand side. This will work as a temporary fix, but if I can find a way to move the sprites over to the right and still have a title on the left, that would be ideal.

Kes

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I'll leave this here then, in case someone can come up with a method of moving the sprites over.  I suspect that it will involve tinkering with the coordinates in the default plugin which draws the sprites in that window.

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Whether you want to move the sprites or the text, it's still a plugin or plugin mod.

I wouldn't recommend putting a heap of spaces before the game title.

Kes

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
As the consensus seems to be that this is going to need a plugin, 

I am moving this to Plugin Requests

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
If it's just a matter of moving the text, try this - experiment with the number until you get something you like.  If you can't get it to work, please post a screenshot of your save/load window (without the plugin below enabled - so we can see what it does by default), let us know if you decided to use a save/load plugin and provide a link to it, and let us know the dimensions of your characters - either the size of an individual cell, or the entire spritesheet.  But hopefully this will do for you:

Code:
//==================================================================
// MoveSaveText.js
//==================================================================

/*:
 * @plugindesc Move text on save screen
 <MoveSaveText>
 * @author Shaz
 * @param Text Position
 * @description Start text at this x position
 * @default 192
 * @help This plugin has no plugin commands
 */

(function() {
  var parameters = $plugins.filter(function(p) { return p.description.contains('<MoveSaveText>'); })[0].parameters;
  var saveTextX = Number(parameters['Text Position'] || 192);

Window_SavefileList.prototype.drawContents = function(info, rect, valid) {
    var bottom = rect.y + rect.height;
    if (rect.width >= 420) {
      this.drawGameTitle(info, rect.x + saveTextX, rect.y, rect.width - saveTextX);
      if (valid) {
        this.drawPartyCharacters(info, rect.x + 220, bottom - 4);
      }
    }
    var lineHeight = this.lineHeight();
    var y2 = bottom - lineHeight;
    if (y2 >= lineHeight) {
      this.drawPlaytime(info, rect.x, y2, rect.width);
    }
  };

})();

GoodSelf

Zhu Li! Do the thing!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Shaz Wow thank you so much, I'll plug this in and try it out right when I get home from work tonight!

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I haven't tested it, so if you get an error, post a screenshot of the console log (F8 when the error occurs, and head to the Console tab).

I'm not sure if that drawPartyCharacters line also needs to change.  I left it as it was, based on your saying the character positions were okay and only the text needs to move.  But it might need a bit of a change here and there, to tweak things.

GoodSelf

Zhu Li! Do the thing!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Shaz You're plugin works brilliantly - thank you so much! With some minor adjustments, it works perfectly with HIME's Save Title.
I can't thank you enough - here's a screennshot of how it looks =]

shaz's plugin.png

Last edited by a moderator:

HexMozart88

The Master of Random Garbage
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@GoodSelf That looks nice, actually. Cool sprites. 

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

A wave of cold air has hit Canada... I know it's "always cold", but this one is especially cold... I'm freezing to death lol.
Have fun with English: a "fire grenade" is not portable napalm but a fire extinguisher tool.
2 days ago someone tried to convert me to Islam. Today youtube tried to convert me to Catholicism. The only thing left would be to meet sone Jehova's witnesses.
I just successfully tested changing music by region, and changing it between continents on the world map after getting on/off the airship. I had to override the default audio transitions with eventing to make it change smoothly but it worked.
Stream will be going live shortly with some more Witcher 3, then we will switch to another game! Feel free to drop by~

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoetSmith