Fionn23

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I've been working on a custom skill in which after the skill is cast, a common event will be executed. Inside the common event is my Javascript function.

My code is definitely working correct. I've been testing this for weeks until today. I got an error 'Set Attack Null' after an actor finishes its skill and the common event.

But after that, I panicked. My stupid brain decided to close the game without taking a look at the console. I wasn't even sure if 'Set Attack Null' is the correct error I saw. But the problem is no matter what I do, I can't replicate it. My code is working fine. This is the first time I saw that error.

What does 'Set Attack Null' means in the battle scene?

ramza

Lunatic Coder
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It means nothing.
Perhaps the error you got had more words in it that would make a little more sense.

Unable to set property 'Attack' of null.

For example.

It would be infinitely easier for anyone to assist you if you posted what your common event does, and what script it is running.

Arthran

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
If you can't figure it out, then the best thing to do is to get another set of eyes on it. Like Ramza said, if you explain what you're trying to do, and you show us the skill, the event, and the script... maybe somebody will be able to notice something that you didn't. It's possible that your code has some error that only triggers in very specific circumstances, or something along those lines.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
As the posters above stated, you got part of the error message wrong because that does not exist.

the first posters guess as to what really was written as an error message is very likely, but still missing part of the data to determine what really happened.

so at this moment you can't do anything but continue working and testing until you get another or the same error message again.

However here are two comments that might help you:

1) "of null" or "of undefined" are both keywords for an entire class of errors that all go down to one simple situation: the engine tried to access a data object that no longer exists for whatever reason.
This can be a wrong configuration of a plugin, a reference to a deleted database entry or that a wrong event sequence deleted a picture and then tried to use it again or something like that.

2)
My code is definitely working correct.
Even if that is correct (and I can't count the number of cases where someone thought the error has to be somewhere else because some bugged sequence couldn't be wrong) we would still need to see the code if it is involved in the entire error process, just to reconstruct where the error really came from.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Took a six week summer break from making my game, hoping some inspiration would magically strike me and I'd easily finish the last minigame and find the remaining music, but no such luck :D Guess I'll soon have to just sit down again and grind the project to the finish line. Well, at least I played a couple of good games. The Messenger was fun (when it didn't cause you rage) and currently playing World End Syndrome.
Enig and Riley.png
Each area of my game acts sort of like a level of sorts. These 3 are the bosses of the first area. Called Team Outcast, there's Riley, Mary Mars McQueen (Triple M), and Enig. A trio of wanna be super heroes.
hQopibt.gif

Now with animated hair~
This could be useful...
I made a menu option that pulls a (accurate) version of the world map from my game instead of having a "traditional" world map. How did I do?

1656552400614.png

..Every time after I edit it and repost it I find a new tiny error I made. :kaodes:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VersatileVSL