Warper
Reaction score
First Language
french
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I own the full version. However, upon running the software, I get this error:
Captureerror.PNG
Could someone tell me what to do to fix this? Thanks in advance.

(PS : It did work many times beforehand)
(PPS : I tried downloading a new copy of Qt5Core.dll and placed it in my main RPGMV folder, it didn't work)

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
have you tried reinstalling? It might be that the reference was corrupted instead of the actual file.

are you using standalone or steam version?

Have you installed any other program that uses the Qt-Framework? That could cause a version conflict.

rromaing

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
french
Primarily Uses
RMMV
have you tried reinstalling? It might be that the reference was corrupted instead of the actual file.

are you using standalone or steam version?

Have you installed any other program that uses the Qt-Framework? That could cause a version conflict.
I did try reinstalling. I uninstalled my old program and reinstalled from the rpgmakerweb site. (demo version, but I still have the activation key somewhere) However, upon starting rpgmakermv I just installed, it displayed the splash screen, but did nothing afterwards. The reference as well as the actual, original software file seem to be both corrupted that way.
Also, I own the standalone version.

(PS : Also, I don't think I have any other program that uses the Qt-Framework, not that I recall or know about)

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
but did nothing afterwards.
not even getting the same error message after that? then this would be a different error now, after reinstalling

rromaing

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
french
Primarily Uses
RMMV
not even getting the same error message after that? then this would be a different error now, after reinstalling
Very much seems like it. It loads the splash screen and does absolutely nothing afterwards, not even an error message pops up.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
with or without a window remaining after the flash screen?

If no windows remains that is most likely interference by a background program. For example an antivirus falsely identifying the editor as virus-infected (happens more often than with other programs due to the fact that RMMV uses HTML5-technology, and that causes some AVs to mistake it for an infected website instead of a local program).

If there is a window (especially a white window) that does nothing it's most likely a driver error or conflict and you should reinstall both your display driver and your audio driver with downloaded drivers from the manufacturer website. Do NOT use the internal windows driver update in this case!

If you have a steam account you should also use your standalone key to activate the steam version if everything else fails, but I don't know if that makes a difference or not.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I based this on the armor of Actor 1_7 of the RTP. Hair is from Derex and Sythian Bard.
Stream will be live shortly! Going to do another art stream tonight so that I can finish my Fauna Focus piece~ Feel free to drop by!
Humans are fallible creatures, we all know that. It's when we're forced to look at ourselves that we start to disagree. :p
Expectation: Working on boss battle.
Reality: "Look at how awful are these code and database organization. Let me clean this mess", *yet, casually adding more modules that I have no idea if I would use it later*
Trying to learn to read Japanese so I read my manga. I like to buy them without all the edits made during translation.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mikeymastermind