Kirino-7

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Hello! I bought the steam version of RPGM VX, but it doesn't work at all. When I'm trying to run it, nothing happening. Without any errors. VX Ace works perfectly. I installed RTP for VX before, so it's not that case. Didn't find any information, why it doesn't work. i just know that i'm not the only one with this problem. Compatibility with older versions of Windows doesn't help. Reinstallation doesn't help.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
there are only two possibilities left:

1) steam download cache is damaged
if the download cache is damaged, any and all steam download will be defective.
search steam help for how to clear the download cache, then deinstall and reinstall again.

2) background program blocking VX
you have a program installed that blocks VX when it tries to launch. could be anything from parental guidance over antivirus to windows execution prevention.
find the program and whitelist vx for it.

Kirino-7

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
find the program and whitelist vx for it.
Maybe i don't understand something, but how can i find a programm among dozens of my current programs? I only checked antivirus, and it's not the case. Seems like I can only guess.

But maybe i found something. In event viewer there's application error in VX, it's written that it's because of "kernelbase.dll". I'm still not sure. Only solution is to replace this file with a copy from internet, but seems like it's not that safe according to some people's opinions.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
but how can i find a programm among dozens of my current programs?
because you should know what your programs do - which ones are harmless games and which ones are for access control.
and only the access control ones can do something like this, so you'll need to open each of them and check their settings.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Equipping Abilities is very important.
fLhHhZjh.gif
demonow.jpg

Eniko: Ghosts Of Grace Alpha Demo is Officially LIVE on Steam!

>> DOWNLOAD AND PLAY THE DEMO ON STEAM NOW!
Firefly130984 wrote on WallCat's profile.
Hello, I would try to beta test your game.
Parallel I would write a guide.
I am already planning some games to make in Unite... I hope it gets a solid release date soon!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
choppicat