Not open for further replies.

schatze

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Bahasa
Primarily Uses
Hai, i've been trying to make some project with rpg maker MV

and i already use RPG maker before the MV came out.

At certain map i making some NPC with pararel event so the npc can automaticaly show some balloons icon

it work so well before at other rpg maker.But, when i tried it at MV it makes the game wont save and deleting the save file instead.

is it a bug or maybe MV just making it like that.Please help coz i need so many pararel event at my current project,

Celianna

Tileset artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
We'd need some screenshots of your event.

Also what do you mean by the game won't save?

schatze

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Bahasa
Primarily Uses
[IMG]http://s27.postimg.org/ynt2bt2tv/Untitled.png[/IMG]

some screenshot  from my event .

We'd need some screenshots of your event.

Also what do you mean by the game won't save?
the game wont save when i playing it, like on the test game.

it keeps giving me some buzzer sound when i saving.

Last edited by a moderator:

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Sounds like you have created your project in a folder where you don't have permission to save.  Like in Program Files.

That event has nothing to do with saving.

schatze

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Bahasa
Primarily Uses
I created my project at another drive..

Yeah that's why it got me confuse that i cant event save (in game) when the npc is on the map

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Add an extra tab to that NPC and don't make ANY changes to it.  Then see if it makes a difference.  I suspect it won't, which proves that the event has nothing to do with your saving problem.

Do you have any plugins?

What is the path where your project resides?

schatze

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Bahasa
Primarily Uses
Add an extra tab to that NPC and don't make ANY changes to it.  Then see if it makes a difference.  I suspect it won't, which proves that the event has nothing to do with your saving problem.

Do you have any plugins?

What is the path where your project resides?
I did try to make extra tab to the npc, and when the event change to that new tab, i can save (in game) .

i try to make the event on new project that still have no plugin and try it in several drives..it still the same..cant save when the parallel npc on site

the path is My computer > Drive G>Rpg maker >RPG maker MV>Project files

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
What is inside the custom move route? That is most probably what is causing the problem, not the parallel process (the parallel process can't affect saving).

Autonomous movement should not affect saving as well, but if you place a wrong script command there or cause some other effects - it's either that or a plugin that affects this event.

schatze

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Bahasa
Primarily Uses
What is inside the custom move route? That is most probably what is causing the problem, not the parallel process (the parallel process can't affect saving).

Autonomous movement should not affect saving as well, but if you place a wrong script command there or cause some other effects - it's either that or a plugin that affects this event.
its nothing inside the custom move route, i just accidentally change it to custom. and after you mention it i try to change it to fixed instead, and i still cant save

like i said before i even make the new project where all the setting is default , and i still cant save when the npc is on the map.

Or maybe some default plug in is effecting this event?

AirshipCanon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Independent Bug Confirmation.
Incapable of Saving with Parallel Event.
Added a "Show Balloon" icon, and a wait 600 Frames command to a parallel process NPC.

Upon attempting to save, it fails.

dwizpa57

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
maybe, you should not add wait frame just cecklist wait option in "show balloon icon" command.

sorry for my bad english

Portkey89

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I am also experiencing this problem.  If a Show Balloon icon action exists via parallel process, the game cannot save.

Hudell

Dog Lord
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Java's Crypt
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I had explained why this happens in a thread once, I thought they would have fixed it by now.

RPGcrafter07

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hey! I'm glad you posted this, cause I just ran into this problem. I had a blimp flying by in the background, as a Parallel Event, and it caused the Save error. This should be fixed. Also I notice tho, because I use these often. If they don't move and they only cause things to happen using variables. (for example.) They don't cause the error, seems to only be if they perform animation.

Celianna

Tileset artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey guys, instead of necro-posting in this thread saying you have the same issue, please create your own thread, thank you.

Closing this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I just did some math and... apparently what seemed to be a little fun gimmick turned out to be an 80+ actors project :kaoswt2:
Yay! the original character contest 3 pack is here!
Both MV and MZ looks very good, congratulation for both RMW and Tkool participant!
I definitely can add these characters to use for my game project.

Steam link
The worst part of game development has to be marketing. Ugh...
May be starting a new job in a month or so. The thought is both exciting and terrifying.
Not like a rollercoaster though. Rollercoasters are just terrifying.
"Merchants don't sell you a product. They sell you something RIGHT NOW. That's all they're selling, the product of having what you want RIGHT NOW and not having to wait for it."

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LagartixaMan