sirkos

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
im using this plugin

http://yanfly.moe/2016/01/29/yep-64-enemy-levels/

i cant seem to balance the base stats of the monster then use levels to make that monster stronger,  then i cant seem to balance the stats of an actor and the exp curve

either monster level 1 actor is level 1 i kill the monster too easy or monster is level 2 or 3 and it kills actor too easy

also how would i prevent this from happening? actor is level 10 fighting a lvl 8-10 monster, monster is way too strong the the actor to kill?

then i also seem to have a problem with this tag

<Static Level: 10>

its suppose to make the monster always level 10 but it doesnt its always random around 3 levels higher or lower this tag is suppose to ignore the Level Type?

any tips to all of this like a premade balance basic stats for enemy  and actor that i can use?

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
There is no easy solution to balancing I'm afraid. With that said, what has worked for me is figuring out what my actor stats are going to be at that level, and making the monster have stats around that number to match the actor (so if the actors have about 40 MAT on average, give the monster somewhere between 30 - 50 MAT depending on skills). Once you figure that out, you'll need to edit the enemy levels plug in so that the percent it adds to each stat is enough to make it the right level.

sirkos

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
There is no easy solution to balancing I'm afraid. With that said, what has worked for me is figuring out what my actor stats are going to be at that level, and making the monster have stats around that number to match the actor (so if the actors have about 40 MAT on average, give the monster somewhere between 30 - 50 MAT depending on skills). Once you figure that out, you'll need to edit the enemy levels plug in so that the percent it adds to each stat is enough to make it the right level.

ok but i think with the plugin the default is 1% more stats per level for the monster  i cant get any lower then that, do you know why this tag from the plugin doesnt work correctly?

<Static Level: 10>  

like i said it would do anywhere between 3 levels lower then 10 or 3 levels higher then 10

TheWarFist

Stone/Stone Tanker
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
<Static Level: x>

This sets the enemy's starting level to exactly x. This will cause the enemy, upon the start of battle, to adjust levels within this particular range. Any skills that alter enemy levels are able to bypass these limits unless if it were to bypass the maximum cap.

In the Help file of the Enemy Levels plugin, it doesn't actually state that the Static Level notetag bypasses the level fluctuation function. The static level is merely where that enemy's level will start prior to any fluctuations taking place. You will need to use the 'Level Fluctuation' notetag on the enemy, and set it to 0, in order to ensure the enemy is only ever at the desired static level at the start of a battle. That is the only solution I can see other than setting both the Positive Fluctuation and Negative Fluctuation plugin parameters to 0.

In the case of over scaling enemies, you will need to be aware of the flat values as well as the rate values. If the flat values gained per level are too high, your enemies could become too powerful too fast. To use the Enemy Levels plugin, you'll just have to do a lot of math and play with the numbers to figure out what the problem may be. Keep the formulas used in the plugin parameters in mind as well, since those will be your guide to balancing your monsters. Also, you should be able to use notetags to set unique flat values for each enemy. The values used in the plugin are universal, and having +50 MaxHP may not be a desired value for each enemy in the database. It depends on you and what you want out of each enemy.

I hope this helps you in some way. :)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

party time.png
If you've played Knight Shift Chapter 1 this image'll mean something to you. If not, that's also fine!
Here's a medical question for ya: Why do I start lightly coughing after I drink coffee?
Well, someone "reviewed" my game. Didn't credit me anywhere in the video and spent 2 minutes insulting it. Going to ignore that and move on.
To cut down on map lag, I've been researching how to implement a lighting layer as a single map overlay instead of a bunch of individual lights. Hopefully I'll have a screenshot soon!
Imagine having a game broken up into a whole bunch of chapters? Like Chapter 11 should be about the party members going bankrupt.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VicArt