Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi,

I have again a problem with the Iavra Masterplugin.

I use SRD Options Upgrade & Options Creator and I can't set a description for the help window. If I take the two separate plugins then it works, but not with the master plugin.

I have also tried YEP Options Core, but I can't get it to work properly.

Can anyone please help?

If I use the separate plugins, I can use the description:

Game_2022-09-12_07.10.45.png

With the master plugin, the window is empty:

Game_2022-09-12_07.10.18.png

Zion

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Bump, please :LZScat:

Eliaquim

Hakuen Studio
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese - Br
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hi there!

Maybe you could try my Help Window plugin? (If yes, you will also need my core plugin)
As far as I remember, the Iavra Master plugin worked with it.

Zion

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi there!

Maybe you could try my Help Window plugin? (If yes, you will also need my core plugin)
As far as I remember, the Iavra Master plugin worked with it.
Thank you! I will try that :)
So I need the MV version, which is unsupported, correct?
I would rather do without another additional plugin, as this is just a small thing that works in the original and only doesn't work in the master version.
But if there is no other way, I'll do it.

Eliaquim

Hakuen Studio
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese - Br
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Thank you! I will try that :)
So I need the MV version, which is unsupported, correct?
I would rather do without another additional plugin, as this is just a small thing that works in the original and only doesn't work in the master version.
But if there is no other way, I'll do it.
Well, I don't know if it has other ways. That is the way that worked for me.
It is unsupported because I'm not doing updates anymore. But it is still working.

Zion

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Well, I don't know if it has other ways. That is the way that worked for me.
It is unsupported because I'm not doing updates anymore. But it is still working.
Alright, thank you :smile:
I tried it and it works, BUT I have a problem with YEP Options Core. I made individual options with this plugin and can't display the help window with your plugin.

The symbol is "changemap":

RPGMV_2022-09-24_11.39.33.png

And I use the symbol in your plugin:

RPGMV_2022-09-24_11.40.09.png

But it doesn't show:

Game_2022-09-24_11.40.42.png

Can you please help me?
If I place your plugin above Yanflys Option Core, it works. But then I don't have the help window for the other choices....

Edit: I'm sorry! Of course it can't work, I set Yanflys OptionsCore to OFF. Using SRD Options Upgrade & Options Creator and there I can't set a symbol for the two new options. So how do I make a description here with your plugin?

Last edited:

Eliaquim

Hakuen Studio
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese - Br
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Alright, thank you :smile:
I tried it and it works, BUT I have a problem with YEP Options Core. I made individual options with this plugin and can't display the help window with your plugin.

The symbol is "changemap":

View attachment 241131

And I use the symbol in your plugin:

View attachment 241132

But it doesn't show:

View attachment 241133

Can you please help me?
If I place your plugin above Yanflys Option Core, it works. But then I don't have the help window for the other choices....

Edit: I'm sorry! Of course it can't work, I set Yanflys OptionsCore to OFF. Using SRD Options Upgrade & Options Creator and there I can't set a symbol for the two new options. So how do I make a description here with your plugin?
Hi there!
So, in the end, the only problem you have is that you can't show help windows using SRD Options Upgrade & Options creator.
But what do these plugins do, they insert new commands on the options window and you are not being able to set a help description for them.

Is that it?

Zion

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi there!
So, in the end, the only problem you have is that you can't show help windows using SRD Options Upgrade & Options creator.
But what do these plugins do, they insert new commands on the options window and you are not being able to set a help description for them.

Is that it?
Well, sort of, yes.
I CAN add a help window inside SRD plugin. But it seems your plugin does overwrite that so the help window is empty.
So I have the choice now - if I place your plugin above, I have the help window for my own new options, but not for Iavra. If I place your plugin below, I have the help window for Iavra, but not for the new ones (or vice versa, I don't recall 100%).
So how do I add the help description for everything?

Eliaquim

Hakuen Studio
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese - Br
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Well, sort of, yes.
I CAN add a help window inside SRD plugin. But it seems your plugin does overwrite that so the help window is empty.
So I have the choice now - if I place your plugin above, I have the help window for my own new options, but not for Iavra. If I place your plugin below, I have the help window for Iavra, but not for the new ones (or vice versa, I don't recall 100%).
So how do I add the help description for everything?
Can you upload a sample project so I can take a look?
Put on a google drive, dropbox, etc...

Zion

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Okay, I found a mistake. In the Iavra plugin, "Language" is written in capital letters, that confused me (but that's just the label, not the symbol, I mixed it up), so with SRD and Eli I wrote "Language" too, which didn't work. With "language" it works now.
But there is another problem. For Yanfly's keyboard option no help window is shown. The symbol is keyConfig, but it does not work. Not even if I change the order and place Keyboard Config over Eli.
I uploaded the test project here:
And thanks a lot for the help!

Eliaquim

Hakuen Studio
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese - Br
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hi there!
Found the problem:
1664141950992.png

You are using two plugins that does the same thing: Add help descriptions to any options command.
Srd Options Upgrade and Eli Help Window.

To make them work together you have to delete, comment the lines on the SRD Plugin that updates the help window(line 1205 to 1210):
1664142152136.png

When you have done that, my plugin will start to update the help window with the descriptions you set on it's plugin parameter.

Otherwise, just disable my plugin and use only the SRD one. The first screenshot I did that, and just add the keyConfig symbol into the SRD Options Upgrade plugin parameter:
1664142249889.png

Zion

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi there!
Found the problem
Thank you so much! Yeah you're totally right. Another reason why I don't like having so much plugins :aswt:
Thanks for your help and sorry for late reply.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

no longer using rm2k3
Don't you hate when you're trying to sleep and suddenly the smoke detector needs batteries? That's exactly what happened to me. Now I'm sluggish and tired after that darn thing started chirping at 11:30 at night. Man I wish I had one of those smart smoke detectors that sends a message to your phone way before it starts chirping.
Interior of a bus, may do more vehicle interiors :kaoswt2:
1670089782219.png
I can hardly believe it is the third day of Christmas and I have yet to put up decorations! Spending my morning cooking breakfast and getting them up.
https://itch.io/s/83641/1-week-sale Do you want a Roguelike game like a turn-based Hades? Get Zodiac Hunters now while it's on sale!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danone_Adventures