Peva

Don't overwhelm yourself. Set small goals.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
For some reason I can't use this potion item in battle. Here's a screenshot of the item.

1618334311965.png

It lets me select it in battle, and it lets me hover over characters that are missing HP, but when I try to use it all I get is the "bad" sound effect. Any ideas? The target actor has no states , just some missing HP.

It does let me use it from the menu, and it does the same thing when any party members tries to use it on any party member. What am I missing here?

Walldeaf

The Event-Master
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I don't see anything wrong with this.
I must be missing it too :)

JGreene

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
In the "Damage" section, use HP Recover as the type, put 30 in the Formula box, and delete the Recover HP effect. See if it works that way. The game might not recognize your necessity to use it since it has no initial effect.

Peva

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Dang I was hopeful that would work but it still just plays the buzzer SE in battle.

JGreene

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
What other plugins are you running that might block your item? Also, try copying the item to another slot and see if you can use that one

ramza

Lunatic Coder
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
There's nothing on that item that would prevent it from being used normally in battle.

I'd look at any plugins you're using, or any changes having been made to the core files.

Try in a new empty project with the default potion and see if the same thing happens. Since it doesn't happen in my own demo projects, with the default potion item, I doubt it will also happen for you in a fresh project. If it doesn't happen in the fresh project, you'll want to start disabling any plugins you have, until you narrow down which one is the culprit. If you end up turning everything off and it still doesn't work, it may be caused by project corruption.

Peva

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Cool well I do have a lot of plugins so I'll start to comb through them and see if I can figure out the cause. Thanks guys!

Dev_With_Coffee

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
PT-BR
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
Try to copy a common item that works in battle and paste it over it.
Modify the attributes, icon, price and effect.

Good luck

Peva

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Culprit found, but I'd like to share the process with you guys!

I have a plugin I commissioned someone to make for me called RealTimeCooldowns. It allows the player to use skills that require real time to use again, hence the name. I have a glitch with it last year that caused items, that were designed to bypass the cooldown and let you use the skill again instantly, to not work. I messaged the creator and he asked for a demo. I made the demo, sent it to him, and he updated the plugin to fix the glitch.

When I disabled this plugin, the problem went away. I actually started with this one cause I knew it had a lot to do with items. So I got ready to make another demo for the creator. I pulled up discord (my way of communicating with him) and found the old demo I had sent him, and downloaded it. To my surprise, it WAS NOT an issue in that demo. So I sat here scratching my head, thinking it must be a combination of plugins? So first, I copied the exact item from my main project to them demo, and it still wasn't a problem in the demo. I was really confused, and then I remembered that the plugin in the demo was outdated. I updated it with the new version that fixed the previous problem and THE PROBLEM STARTED HAPPENING.

So I created the new demo and sent it to him. He said he is unfortunatley very busy right now so I may not get it fixed soon, but at least it's being looked at :) I'm patient.

Peva

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Nope, not ATB. I'll stick with this cooldown, the items themselves aren't cooling down, it's the skills that are cooling down. The items just cheat and skip the cooldown.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Kinda hate it everytime reinstall rpg maker because the program refuse to testplay
For every amazing step of the way I make, I find myself in a moment where I feel really stupid for not knowing something. I probably shouldn't though, but still, it sometimes feels more obvious than perhaps it is
Just spent $174 on Shining the Holy Ark on the Saturn. Good lord.
My brain when designing quests:
There is piano, it needs help --> The organ (yes organ now) is missing a component! --> Where the heck am I supposed to put this missing piece!??! --> Add an entire new mini dungeon specifically created to house this new piece. --> Connect this brand new mini dungeon to an already designed dungeon with background information about the town it's found it.

Me: :LZYhuh:
Rising of the Shield Hero!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sharei