Can't Use Skill in Field

Discussion in 'RPG Maker 2000/2003' started by PKLpikachu, Oct 18, 2017.

1. PKLpikachu

PKLpikachu Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    I have a Skill set as a Switch and checked off the Field box under Occasion, but when I test the game and try to use the skill in the Field, the game doesn't let me. Why is that?

2. Andar

Andar Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Please give a Screenshot of the skill...

3. PKLpikachu

PKLpikachu Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    screenshot.png
    I also just checked the Shrink skill which has similar settings to Cold Touch, and that one can be activated on the Field just fine.

EDIT: I've also tried letting a different Actor use the Skill and having the original Actor use the Shrink Skill. The Shrink Skill could still be used in the Field, so it's not a problem with the original Actor. The Skill could not be used by other Actors on the Field too, so it must be a problem with the Skill itself.

EDIT 2: I've also just tried changing the switch, ticking the Battle checkbox, changing the description, changing the Skill name, changing the sound effect, changing the MP Cost, and re-creating the Skill in another slot. None of that helped.

EDIT 3: I copy-pasted Shrink over Cold Touch and changed things accordingly so now Cold Touch works! Problem has been solved

Last edited: Oct 19, 2017
    CleanWater likes this.